In this age, printers have become one of the most important pieces of technology found in offices or homes. It can be used to create hard copies of documents for work or academic purposes. You can also decide to use it for fun activities like scrapbooking and so on. But you will quickly find that some printers can prove to be nasty pieces of work. This is because there are a lot of common issues that can arise with printers; they include depleted ink, jammed papers, difficult to use printer interface, and so on. But if you want to avoid all of these issues, you have to get the best printer for your needs. Choosing a printer can be a daunting task due to the exhausting amount of options on the market.
In order to avoid any of the previously issued, you need to get the best, most reliable, and most efficient printer for your printing needs. A prime example of this is the Epson Ecotank Printer.
One of the most famous brands that manufacture printers all around the planet is Epson. This corporation is responsible for the Introduction of a number of lasers, inkjet, and EcoTank printers. The company is also well known for manufacturing other information and imaging gadgets like copiers and scanners.
One of the most common problems associated with printers is the need to constantly replace a used ink cartridge with an expensive new one if you want to continue your printing tasks. However, the Epson Ecotank comes with a solution to this, the ultra-high-capacity ink system that is responsible for preventing the waste of ink and allows proper ink refill. This ink system is different from the ones found in inkjet printers. These printers feature a refillable ink tank system that ensures that there is a way to avoid constant replacement of cartridges. With this type of cartridge installed, all you have to do is top up your ink tank if you are running low on ink to handle your printing tasks.
However, it can be a pretty difficult task to find the best Epson Ecotank for your printing needs. You need to choose one that ensures efficiency and reliability for your required tasks. The Epson Ecotank printer comes in many categories, including color models and monochrome, A4 and A3 size printers, and photo printers. In order to this easier for you, we have made a list of the best Epson Ecotank Printers in 2021; they include.
Descriptive Table of Best Epson EcoTank Printer!
|Model||Print Speed||Input Tray Capacity||Functions||Price|
|Epson EcoTank ET-2720||10.5 ppm for Black prints; 5 ppm for color prints||100 sheets||Print, Copy, Scan||Check Price|
|Epson EcoTank ET-3760||15 ppm for Black prints; 8 ppm for color prints||150 sheets||Print, Copy, Scan||Check Price|
|Epson EcoTank Pro ET-16600||25 ppm for Black prints; 12 ppm for color prints||500 sheets||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax||Check Price|
|Epson EcoTank ET-4760||15 ppm||250 sheets||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax||Check Price|
|Epson EcoTank ET-2750||10.5 ppm for Black prints; 5 ppm for color prints||100 sheets||Print, Copy, Scan||Check Price|
- Descriptive Table of Best Epson EcoTank Printer!
- List of Best Epson EcoTank Printer 2021
- Buying Guide: Factors to Consider When you are Choosing an Epson EcoTank Printer
List of Best Epson EcoTank Printer 2021
1. Epson EcoTank ET-2720
The EcoTank Printer that managed to secure the top spot on our list of best EcoTank is the amazing Epson EcoTank 2720 All-in-one Supertank printer. This printer features the best design (compact and lightweight) and the most affordable option of the latest lineup of the bulk ink series manufactured by Epson. While it may not feature the best print speed but it makes up for this with the amazing top quality prints that it produces.
With a dimension of 7 X 14 X 13.7 inches and a weight of 13 pounds, it is easier to move the device to the other working spaces as long as there is proper access to a power line. The printer features a speed of 5 ppm, which might not be the best, but it is fast enough for businesses, offices, and homes. Despite its affordability, it still manages to provide amazing features and performance. It is able to produce a duty cycle of up to 3,000 prints. Its 100-sheet input tray is also another one of its amazing features. Its main functions are printing, copying, and scanning.
- Features the Epson refillable ink tank system.
- Good value for all
- Features a wireless connectivity option.
- Huge refillable tank
- A single inkjet bottle to replace the 80 inkjet cartridges
- 5ppm printing speed
- One page at a time scanning.
2. Epson EcoTank ET-3760
This is another all-in-one printer in the Epson EcoTank lineup. With this EcoTank printer, you will not just get a printer but also a copier and scanner. This printer features a compact design that will fit properly in an office or home interior décor. However, it is ideal for home printing tasks but can also be used by small businesses. It comes with a 150-sheet input tray that is usually enough to handle the printing needs of most users. It is also very easy to use and can be controlled with a 2.4-inch color display on the EcoTank.
This amazing printer also features a wireless connectivity option that enables users to connect their EcoTank to their mobile devices. Its connectivity technology includes Wi-Fi Direct and Ethernet connectivity technology. This means that you can control your mobile device from a connectable distance.
- Great color display for easier control
- Wireless connectivity technology
- A 30-sheet dual-sided ADF printing for faster printing.
- Input capacity could be better.
3. Epson EcoTank Pro ET-16600
A while back, Epson introduced its new EcoTank Pro lineup, which has become very popular in every industry. It can be found in a lot of offices and companies these days. Just like some of the other EcoTank printers on this list, it features a compact and polished design as well as incredible AIO functionality, which has made it more popular. This printer also features a wide format and cartridge-free prints. The software integrated into this printer is that Epson ScanSmart and Epson Scan 2.
Along with the other printers in the EcoTank Pro series, this printer also comes with a side ink tank for easy refill of ink. Another cool feature is the auto document feeder.
Its connectivity technology includes the USB for wired connection and Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Bluetooth for wireless connection. This means that you can control your mobile device from a connectable distance. It also supports other mobile printing options like AirPrint, Moprint, Epson iPrint, and Epson Connect Email Print.
- Low running cost
- High-quality prints
- Great input capacity to improve efficiency.
- Wide-format prints.
- The monthly volume is low.
- A bit expensive
4. Epson EcoTank ET-4760
Colored printers have become a very important gadget for getting high-quality prints both at home and in offices. The EcoTank ET-4760 is well-known for delivering high-quality printing and scanning functions, which is why it is on our list of best Epson EcoTank printer. It comes with a huge refillable ink tank that is designed to improve efficiency and reduce cost by removing the need to replace cartridges.
This printer features a huge amount of ink that is enough to handle two years of printing tasks if you count the replacement ink set. This replacement ink set is said to be enough to fill eighty cartridges. This means that you will be able to significantly save costs by using this printer.
With its high-density print chip, you are sure to get high-quality prints and scans. This printer can produce about forty million dots in one second. With this kind of functionality, you will definitely get your detailed prints with clear images and text.
It features a 250-sheet input tray, which would enable you to print for some time without having to bother with a paper refill. Its printing speed is about 15 PPM, and it also features a 30-sheet ADF to allow quick printing.
Its connectivity technology includes the USB for wired connection and Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Bluetooth for wireless connection. This means that you can control your mobile device from a connectable distance.
- Low printing costs
- Huge input tray capacity
- It can be used to scan, copy, fax, and print.
- Third-party ink bottles are not advisable.
5. Epson EcoTank ET-2750
A unique feature of this EcoTank printer is its support of RoHS, which enables users to easily print wirelessly from a distance with mobile devices. It can also help reduce paper usage by up to fifty percent while saving about 80% on ink. This is possible due to the huge affordable replacement bottles that are easy to refill. The printer comes with enough ink to print about 6,500 pages in black or 5,200 pages in colored format. This is the same as the 30 ink cartridge set. It also features a memory card space that will enable users to print borderless photos with a dimension of about 4 X 6 inches without the need for a PC. Its main functionality is printing, scanning, and copying but no faxing functionality.
- Huge ink supply
- Low ink cost
- Memory card slot
- Wireless printing
- High price tag
- Not that impressive input tray capacity
- Small non-touch display
- No Ethernet
- Does not have a foxing capacity.
- No auto document feeder.
Buying Guide: Factors to Consider When you are Choosing an Epson EcoTank Printer
Epson Ecotank is a line of printers of reference in economy and sustainability. The equipment uses high-performance ink tanks: cost reduction reaches 90%. Are you interested? Find out how to choose yours in this Buying Guide.
Epson printers make use of a multitude of technologies that make them perform better. From greater precision when printing to better ink efficiency, here we are going to name the most important ones.
- Piezoelectric print heads: It is a type of head that uses a piezoelectric crystal that changes shape when receiving electric shocks, which pushes the ink from the container to the paper. This provides better image quality, faster speeds, and allows the printer to use a greater number of ink types.
- Supertank: This technology is used in the Epson EcoTank line of printers, and eliminates the use of print cartridges. Instead of using disposable containers, the ink is poured directly into tanks built into the printer using special bottles.
- Disc printing: Certain Epson Stylus printers have the ability to print directly onto compact discs. It will serve you to deliver documents, programs, or photos on CDs in a personalized way.
- Epson Connect: An Epson printer with this technology will be able to receive your photos and documents from anywhere in the world, and print them remotely. You can use that to send surprise photos home, print files in the office before you arrive, and return home from vacation with an album ready to assemble.
Due to the wide variety of printing needs, there are different models of Epson EcoTank printers. Each seeks to perform specific jobs in the best way or to perform many efficiently. Knowing them will help you know which line of printer to look for and thus save time and money.
- Multifunctional: If you are looking for an Epson printer for the home, this will suit you perfectly. They can perform functions such as scanning or printing, and some can even share scanned things. Examples of these are the Epson EcoTank L6171, L5190, and L495.
- Unique function: They are the simplest and cheapest models. They are designed solely for printing, which will only serve those who do not have the need to use a scanner. If you are a student who just wants to print your work papers and reports, then look for models like the EcoTank L1300 or L805.
- Commercial: This is the type to look for if you need an industrial or large-scale Epson printer. They will be used to print advertisements or material for sublimation, so they are ideal for businesses and companies. Of course, they are highly expensive and very large.
- Label and Point of Sale: These small Epson printers serve very specific tasks. The label labels are used to print stickers and papers and to put prices on products, the point of sale to print purchase receipts.
- Photographic: Being the ideal ones for professional and amateur photographers, they are printers whose print quality is much better than the others. They will be used to print photos on photographic paper and also for common prints.
Since we have covered the most important features, here we will group those small details that are in the Epson printers. You can ignore them as they are not really essential but they will make using the printer more comfortable.
- Pictbridge: An Epson printer that supports PictBridge technology will allow you to connect it directly to a camera via USB. This will allow you to print photos without the need for computers, although it won’t do you much good if you don’t have compatible cameras.
- Voice Printing: If you have experience using digital assistants, then you will be delighted to know that certain Epson printers can be integrated with Alexa. You can send documents and emails to print just by giving the order to your voice assistant.
What is an EcoTank printer?
It is a range of exclusive Epson brand printers that are characterized by not using ink cartridges, but high capacity refillable ink tanks for each color independently. The basic models have 4 tanks and the photo printers can include 5 to 9 tanks to provide exceptional print quality.
The tanks are easily and individually refilled with small bottles of ink that allow the colors to be refilled individually, depending on the consumption of each color. These inkjet printers are designed to deliver quality prints at a low cost, saving up to 90% on ink.
Why is it worth buying an Epson Ecotank?
Epson Ecotank is an inexpensive printer. Epson Ecotank is a benchmark in sustainability.
The team is also a benchmark in sustainability. As it offers larger tanks, the number of refills is lower and the production of plastic waste is reduced.
Epson Ecotank has a front or side compartment where the black and color ink tanks are placed: magenta, cyan, and yellow. These containers are transparent, allowing you to control ink levels.
The refilling system is very simple, just fill the containers with the respective shades, close the compartment and wait a few minutes until the printer is ready to go into action.
Anyone can carry out the refill without a mess, as the equipment has technology that prevents ink splashes and spills, thus avoiding waste.
The models of the Epson Ecotank line offer different connection options with the computer: via a USB cable, wireless, and Wi-Fi Direct (for remote commands using the computer, tablet, or smartphone).
We cannot fail to mention the quality of the prints. Almost all models offer a maximum resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi. Find out more about the benefits of the equipment in the table below:
- The cost of printing is low.
- Common and multifunction printers
- Templates for personal and professional use.
- Easy installation and maintenance.
- The unique system prevents ink spillage during filling
- One year warranty
- You should only use original refills
- The initial investment is high.
- Most models do not do double-sided printing.
- Inks can dry quickly
One of the most common issues with printers is replacing cartridges, but with the Epson EcoTank lineup, you will not have to replace your cartridge, and you can just refill the ink if you run out. Epson is one of the leading brands in the print industry, and it is well known for manufacturing high-end printers, and this lineup is no different.