Last Updated on
If you are a hard core gamer, you would understand the huge importance of the best wifi card for gaming purposes. You must get the most of your network for smooth and efficient gameplay.
We know how frustrating it gets when you are on the brink of winning a match, but then there is a massive lag resulting in you losing the game. Well, enough is enough; it is time to get rid of such lags and go for seamless gameplay and HD video streaming with some of the best wifi card for pc.
There are a lot of options available for wifi card for pc. Hence, we have been your savior and picked up the top 10 of the best wireless card in the market and formed a detailed list. To be honest, the old school Ethernet cables are totally out of fashion now.
Losing signals, or distortion in the cable line are some issues that we regularly face. It is time to step up and go for the big gun! We know that in today’s time, each and every desktop needs a good internet connection to play games online or watch videos.
The Wifi card for PC is attached to the express slot of the PCI wifi card on the desktop, and it helps to maintain a secure wifi network in the PC itself. Hence, the user does not need to use the long, irritating Ethernet wires for the purpose.
Here, we did our intense research and came up with the top 10 best pci wifi card for lag free and seamless gaming.
List of the top 10 Best WiFi Card for Gaming of 2020
|Previews||Names||See on Amazon|
|ASUS PCE-AC55BT B1 AC1200 Wireless Bluetooth 4.2 PCIe|
1. TP-Link AC1300 PCIe Wireless Wifi PCIe Card
TP-Link is known to offer the best pcie wifi card for super smooth gaming experience. The speeds that the T6E can reach are by far the fastest in the market, with two bands that are capable of 867Mbps and 400Mbps, respectively. For seamless upload and download speed, this is the best wireless card. Lag free gaming and video streaming? Aye aye captain! This is the best wifi cards in the market.
Also, this wifi card for pc comes with detachable external antennas, and it connects pretty well with the other antennas of the router as they have the same number. This is also quite beneficial as there are only a limited number of USB ports on the desktop PC. This product is priced under $35 only.
- Lighting fast speed- You can upgrade your Wifi card to 867 Mbps over 5GHz or 400 Mbps over 2.4Ghz.
- This is the best pci wireless card to provide you utmost stable performance. It has heat sink technology that distributes heat away from core components to increase the reliability and improve performance. It is built for superb performance computing, such as 4K Ultra HD video streaming and smooth online gaming.
- Vast range; it has increased wireless range with 2x external antennas to make sure a greater variety of Wi-Fi connection and stability is achieved. It also comes with detachable antennas.
- Compatibility; it supports Windows 10. You can upgrade to 17025 insider preview build.
- It has industry leading support, with two years of warranty and free 24*7 technical support.
- This best pci wireless card has got its priority set on data transfer for devices, which is also known as hello gaming.
- This wifi card for desktop comes with heat sink so that there is no fear of overheating.
- It has got some pretty good range. A wifi card with a good range is always worth the buy.
- This is the best wifi card for pc that has TurboQAM that helps in boosting connection speeds.
- Make sure that your computer has a PCI Express X1 slot.
- Other than that, at such an affordable rate, there is no such cons from the reviews.
2. ASUS PCE-AC55BT B1 AC1200 Wireless Bluetooth 4.2 PCIe/Mpcie Adapter
The ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless-AC PCI Express Adapter offers superior wifi performance for server backbone as well as switching infrastructure applications, and also as mainstream desktops. When you use the convenience of a standard PCI express connector, it provides wide flexibility and can fit any x1, x2, x8, or x16 slot. This is one of the best Bluetooth cards for pc in the market, and it offers flexible dual-band connection.
The PCE-AC55BT is an 802.11ac dual band 2×2 Wifi PCI express adapter, and it can speed up to 867Mbps and is three times faster than 802.11n wifi. This best pci wireless card also has a dual mode Bluetooth 4.0, and it can connect to the BLE products. The stylish external antenna of this wifi card for desktop provides you with more flexibility in adjusting the antenna placement to get excellent signal reception quality.
- It is all about high speed wireless internet connectivity when using this best wifi card for pc. This card provides maximum internet speed and is perfect for gaming purposes and video streaming.
- This card has wireless-ac dual-band for lag-free streaming and high performance. We know that when we are into intense gaming action, and there is a lag it simply sucks. Hence, this card is here to save you from lag free fast gaming experience.
- This card has Bluetooth 4.0 and BLE system.
- It also has an external antenna base.
- There have been many complains about the card not working on Windows 10, but it actually and most definitely works on Windows 10. It appropriately functioned from the beginning with nil errors. The card also works perfectly on Linux Lubuntu 18.04, with nothing more than just putting the card inside and hooking up the antenna.
- Simple plug and play; you just have to plug it in, and you can start enjoying the power of this best wireless card. It has an impressive wifi connection, and the Bluetooth works perfectly as well with any headphones or other accessories.
- Everything comes up to date with this best wifi card for desktop.
- According to a review, the instructions given were quite lousy.
- With around 80% 5 star reviews, this wifi card is perfect for seamless gaming experience.
3. TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wireless PCIe Card
This can easily be the best wireless card for pc in the market right now. We did our fair share of research and found out that many sites (like us) have listed this card as their number 1, best pci wireless adapter. Well, it is worth the praise. This wireless PCIe card by TP-Link is extremely easy to set up, and it provides a superfast internet connection. This card, which costs under $30 bucks only, can be easily installed, and it enables you to move your desktop wherever you want, anywhere that has a good working wifi connection.
The speed that is offered by this card is faster than any other standard wireless wifi card for pc. It even comes with a heat sink, which helps in dissolving the heat that is being generated through the adapter. It improves the lifespan of the card. This is the best wireless card for desktop and is perfect for online gaming as it offers lightning-fast speed. The wifi card also comes with a warranty period of 2 years.
- Lightning fast speed; faster than flash. You can upgrade your wifi card to 1200Mbps Wifi speeds.
- Superb stable performance; it comes with heat sink technology that distributes heat away from core components to improve the reliability and performance. It is only built for high performance computing, like online gaming and 4K Ultra HD video streaming purposes.
- Unlimited range; increased wireless range with 2x external antennas to make sure you get the best wifi range connection and stability.
- It has detachable antennas.
- The wifi card can be easily used on Windows 10, 8, 7, 8.1, XP. This is by far, one of the best wifi cards available in the market.
- It provides superb speed, which is far better than any other standard wifi card speed.
- This card comes with a heat sink
- It supports Windows 10, 8, 7, 8.1, and XP. Hence, it is very much compatible.
- Extremely simple to set up
- At this price, this is indeed the best wifi card amongst a few others in the market
- According to a review, sometimes, it acts weird and creates problem while connecting. Otherwise, you are good to go.
4. ASUS PCE-AC56 PCI Wireless Express Adapter
Standing in the 4th position, we have another wireless wifi card that again has the potential to be the best wireless card in the market. This list is not made in descending order, each and every product mentioned in the list is top class and one of the best in the market. Coming back to this product, Asus AC56 costs under $60, which is on the higher side now, but it also comes with more features than the others.
This ASUS adapter has some of the most unique features that other wifi cards do not have. Using this best pci wireless card for desktop, you can adjust your wireless signal to prioritize data transferring. This also offers you to focus on your connection when you are downloading and uploading, providing you to finish these task faster and more efficiently. So, let’s get straight into the features to know more about this unique wireless card for pc.
- Adjusting the wireless signal for the priority of data transferring. You can focus more on uploading and downloading.
- Another fantastic feature of this wireless card is that it has the ability to prevent overheating. It is all because of the adapter’s heatsink feature, and the design of the card as well. It helps to eliminate wireless dead zones, if any.
- Not enough features? Well, it has more to offer. This card has ASUS’ Broadcom TurboQAM technology, which helps you to boost internet speed more.
- This product is near to flawless as it does not have many drawbacks to talk about. It supports Windows 8.1 32bit/64bit, Windows 8 32bit/64bit, Windows 7 32bit/64bit, Windows Vista 2bit/64bit, Windows XP 32bit/64bit.
- Instant 802.11ac wifi upgrade for your PC and say goodbye to messy ethernet cables
- Dual-band; lightning speed internet connection (5GHz at 867Mbps) (2.4Ghz at 400Mbps)
- The wifi connection is backward compatible
- The card has got some excellent wireless range
- Sad news for all the Linux users, as this beast is not supported on the Linux platform.
5. ASUS PCE-AC68 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Pci-E Adapter
Asus PCE-AC68 is a super fast adapter with 802.11ac chipset, and it is capable of providing transfer speeds of around 1.3Gbps. This dual band wireless card for desktop is by far the quickest wifi card in the market. This is genuinely one beast of a wifi card for gaming. This card is absolutely perfect for gaming purposes and is capable of keeping a consistent connection throughout, by angling them to your house’s aesthetics.
So, if your desktop PC is quite away from your router, or WAP (wireless access point), then this card also comes with an extendable external antenna. It helps you to maximize the wireless line of sight. It is perfect if you have faced issues with getting a good connection with other cards. This wifi card for pc costs under $70.
- Fast, reliable, and extremely powerful; these are the three things of a hard-core gamers mantra. The 3×4 MIMO design with dual three position external antennas, and also dual internal antennas, and the ASUS AiRador Beamforcing offers the best coverage for both laptops and desktops.
- The USB 3.0 provides you with extra options for placement of the antenna, offering optimal coverage for desktops. The foldable external antennas make it portable, and hence it gives a great reception for laptops.
- You will get up to 300% better speed when compared to other adapters as it boots your network with dual band adapters by 600Mbps on a 2.4 GHz band and 1300Mbps on a 5Ghz band. Combing both, the rate goes up to 1900Mbps, which will help you to cope with high band-with networking works lag-free and effortlessly.
- Fast, portable, and powerful; ASUS AC69 is the best card you can get for the ultimate super fast gaming experience.
- You can extend your wifi connection
- No more dead zones
- Stylish aluminum heatsink
- Super flexible antenna placement
- Issue on the latest Windows 10 update
- Asus Support system not up to the mark, according to a user review.
6. ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 4×4 802.11AC PCIe Adapter
If you are looking for the best long range wifi adapter, then we have got ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 for you. For a PCI adapter, this is quite expensive so that one would expect something extraordinary out of this, right? Yes, indeed. This is again one of the best wifi card for pc and hands down the best long range wifi adapter in the marketing. If you are ready to spend around $100 and go for this adapter, you would be greeted with super fast speed like never before. With 2100Mbps and 1100Mbps available from the dual bands of the adapter, you will get ultra powerful speed.
This also has an external multiple antenna base that provides you more coverage and speed than most of the other wifi cards available in the market. The PCE-AC88 is compatible with almost all aftermarket antennas in case something happens to the external antenna, and you need to replace it. It is very simple to replace. If you are getting worried about the fact that the power of the adapter can cause overheating, then stop because the adapter has a custom heat sink, which disperses heat and keeps the wifi card all nice and cool.
- Dual band wifi that speeds up to 2100Mbps and 1100Mbps at 5Ghz and 2.4GHz band, respectively.
- The external magnetic antenna base allows to flexible antenna placement to improve coverage.
- Individual antennas can also attach directly to the PCIe card for the compact installation process.
- Custom heatsink effectively dissipates heat for better stability and reliability.
- Superfast dual band speed
- Maximize connection with external antenna
- The wifi card is compatible with aftermarket antennas
- Heatsink prevents overheating
- Most extended range of wifi adapter you can get in the market
- It costs near by $100, so it is overpriced but all for a good reason.
- ASUS drivers may cause some issues.
7. TP-Link Archer T9E IEEE 802.11ac – Wi-Fi Adapter for Desktop Computer
The TP-Link Archer uses 802.11ac wireless standard, which denotes that you can theoretically get speeds of around 1300Mbps when you use this adaptor. It has beamforcing technology, which can increase and improve the strength of your wifi connection over long distances and also comes with three external antennas.
This is one of the best wifi cards for pc for those who do not want to spend much. It is priced around $30 only, and if you have basic wifi from your desktop pc, this wifi card is good to go. Wireless N is superb for coverage, and now since 802.11 acc is being used, these older N cards have dropped in its value. It is excellent for buyers.
- 802.11ac chipset upgrades desktops to wireless ac, the most powerful and latest WiFi technology available in the market
- It is built for superb high performance computing, such as intense hard-core gameplay online and 4K Ultra HD video streaming online.
- It has blazing Wifi speed 1300Mbps at 5GHz and 600 Mbps at 2.4GHz.
- Heat sink technology distributes heat away from core components to improve reliability and performance
- The budget-friendly wifi card
- Excellent speed
- Heat sink technology to prevent overheating issue
- Can work on Linux if you install the correct driver
- Difficulty in installing on Windows 10
- The antenna doesn’t work sometimes.
8. Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV Bluetooth 4.2/Wireless AC/B/G/N Band Dual Frequency 2.4Ghz/5.8Ghz Expansion Card
The Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I is capable of reaching internet speed up to 800Mbps, which is quite fast, ain’t it? It allows for nearly absolute seamless wireless internet connection. This means that you can effortlessly play games or watch videos without sort of lagging or errors. When you are downloading anything online, the Bluetooth capability of Gigabyte will allow a smooth flow of data through your internet connection network.
The powerful external antenna of Gigabyte will maintain the superb speed of this best wireless card. Your connection will never drip, and it will be strong throughout using this amazing wireless card for PC. This is great for online gaming, and if you want to get rid of abrupt lagging that interrupts your killing spree in a game, then this card is all you need. The cost of this product is under $35, which is quite affordable, considering the quality of the card.
- Fully Qualified Bluetooth 4.2
- IEEE 802.11ac standards compliant. Intel Wifi module supports Intel WIDI
- Antenna to support WLAN 2Tx2R transmission
- High speed wireless internet connection that can go up to 867Mbps
- It has Bluetooth enhanced data rate support
- The connection of WIFI is solid after you install drivers from the Gigabyte website.
- You will get both wifi and Bluetooth on one device, which is pretty convenient
- Get the latest technology with wifi AC and BT 4.2
- Easy to install
- Speeds up to 800Mbps
- Strong antenna coverage
- Bluetooth available
- No need to install drivers as you will find windows 10 in the card and everything is installed by itself
- Antenna design could be more aggressive
- Uses a USB port
9. TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter
TP-Link is by far the best company of wireless wifi cards for desktop. The TL-WDN4800 offers you to connect your desktop PC to a wireless network and get access to high speed wireless internet connection. If it provides the use of 2.4GHz band or the 5GHz band at speeds of around 450 Mbps.
It is great for running bandwidth-intensive apps such as HD video streaming. It is also one of the best wifi cards for online gaming without any lags. The dual band technology is worth the mention of this amazing wifi card. Priced under $50, it is one of the best internal wifi card that you can get in the market.
- Wireless and speeds up to 450Mbps which is pretty impressive
- It supports dual band; 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- It is quite compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n products
- Get smoother and more efficient video streaming and online gaming
- It supports 64/128 WEP, WPA /WPA2/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES), supports IEEE 802.1X
- It also supports XP 32/64bit, Vista 32/64bit, Windows 7 32/64bit
- Provides ad-hoc and infrastructure mode
- Bundled utility gives quick installation without any hassle
- High speed connection
- Perfect for gaming
- Supports dual band
- Easy to setup
- Good compatibility
- According to a review, the product is not quite durable
- Network issues
10. ASUS(PCE-N15) maximum performance Wireless-N Network Adapter
Last but not least, we have got with us a basic yet effective Asus adapter. It is a little wireless N card that you can totally get hooked up to. Do not expect anything magical or massive from this one. It costs only around $25, which makes it the cheapest one in this list.
The PCE-N15 is just a no-frills wifi card that offers you a network that is not amazing at speed, but it is pretty decent. You can adjust the antenna as per your requirements, and you can also use the WPS connect option if you want wireless pairing. Although, try to avoid this as it is not quite secure enough.
- WPS button to simply and quickly set up a secure wireless connection
- Supports multiple OS- Windows and Linux
- Software AP; you can connect your notebook or gaming consoles to the internet
- Flexible antenna
- Decent speed
- At this price, it is quite a good deal. You are getting a wifi card with a decent internet connection.
- You can adjust the antenna size
- It is compatible in Windows 10 and Linux
- Do not expect super high speed
- The card has some latency in some cases
- Bad pick up range
Here we are, done with our top 10 list of best wifi cards for gaming 2020. All the details are at your disposal; you can scroll up and give it a read once again to determine which one is going to be the best one for you. In short, the wireless card is a great way to connect a desktop PC to a wireless network.
They provide quick speed, high range, and they are quite easy to assemble as well. If you want more flexibility with the position, you can get an extension cable without any hassle. You can place the antenna according to your requirements for a better range.
Of all the cards mentioned above, each one of them is unique in their way. Each one has got its positive features and provides more reason for you to buy your specific card. Hence, we just made your research much easier with our list. So, go through them and all and get the best for yourself for seamless gaming!