Last Updated on
Are you looking for the best photo scanners for Mac? If yes, you are at the right destination. This article would include some important tips along with the top 10 best photo scanners for mac in 2020 reviews. In order to justify the quality of best photo scanners for mac what you need to do is to start with some old photo scanning. If they include cutting-edge technologies and high DPI resolutions, the image quality must be excellent. The best photo scanners for mac must be able to produce beautiful photos.
Moreover, these will include many photo-friendly features like high resolution, slide transparencies, and other things. It must have the ability to scan transparencies like slides, stretches, and negatives in addition to photo prints. Many advanced photo scanners for mac include photo-retouching and scratch removing software.
Why you should buy a photo scanner for Mac?
All of us have treasured our fond memories of old days in the form of physical photographs. However, these photographs are likely to deteriorate with time. You might find the development of stains and scratches and their color may even fade with passing time. Hence, the best option is to digitize the photos and keep them safe with you forever. This is where photo scanners come into play. The scanners allow easy and high-quality digitization of photographs, which can then be saved on PC, laptops, tablets, or mobile phones. There are different types of photo scanner in the market with varied specifications and features. If you own a Mac, then you should buy a scanner that is compatible with Mac so that you can easily save all photos in it.
How to ensure that the scanner is right for Mac?
In order to choose the right photo scanner for your Mac, you need to have a thorough look at the specifications and features of the scanner. Firstly, you should ensure that the scanner should have installed OS X drivers as this special driver will ensure that scanner is compatible and works perfectly with a Mac device. In addition to the drive, you should also look at the bundle of software that comes with the photo scanner. The array of software should be compatible with Mac devices for optimal functioning.
Factors to consider while buying a photo scanner for Mac
In your search for the best photo scanner for Mac, you should look at some factors in addition to basic criteria. Some of the chief factors to consider include:
The best photo scanner for Mac is one that yields high-quality digitized pictures. For that, you should look for the resolution and Dmax offered by the scanner. You should be ready to shell some extra money to buy a scanner that yields stunning picture quality and also captures the finest details from the original picture.
Flatbed v/s Automatic Feeder
The photo scanners for Mac come either with a flatbed feeder or automatic feeder. Both types of feeders have their pros and cons. Hence, you should select the feeder type based on a specific case-uses. If your task involves dealing with a huge volume of pictures, you should choose an automatic feeder. Flatbed feeder, on the other hand, is a better choice for those who want specialized features in photo scanning.
Speed and efficiency
Speed is one of the most significant factors that come into play while choosing the best photo scanner for Mac, especially if you deal with a huge volume of pictures regularly. If you need to digitize images quickly, you should choose scanners with automatic feeders.
The modern-day photo scanners for Mac are integrated with cutting-edge technologies that allow enhancement and editing of the original pictures. Many editing tools help in removing stains and scratches from old images while restoring their original color. You can select such scanners that allow the enhancement of photos.
Size of Paper
Scanning needs can vary from time to time. Sometimes, you’ll need scanning of a passport-size photo, while at times you might need scanning of the magnified image. Hence, you should choose a photo scanner that can support different sizes of paper. It is the best choice to choose a photo scanner for Mac that supports all sizes of paper.
These days, ease of usage matters a lot. This is where wireless scanners prove beneficial. These scanners boost productivity as you can scan the images into your Mac device from anywhere. Furthermore, different users can scan photos without establishing any external connection. This makes scanning super easy.
Though size and design have nothing to do with the productivity and efficiency of the scanner, these aspects do matter. A compact size scanner can easily fit into a small workplace or even in a desk, so you don’t need to allocate any extra space for the scanner. Furthermore, a sleek and compact design goes well with the aesthetics of the place.
Based on the photo scanners reviews posted by the users, we have selected the Top 10 best photo scanners for Mac in 2020.
|Previews||Names||See on Amazon|
|Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Scanner for Mac and PC|
GIVEN BELOW ARE THE TOP 10 BEST PHOTO SCANNERS FOR MAC:
1. Epson Perfection V600 Corded Photo Scanner
- A Multipurpose Scanner:- The functions of video recording & real-time projecting make it suitable to work in various occasions, like making music …
- A Multipurpose Scanner:- The functions of video recording & real-time projecting make it suitable to work in various occasions, like making music …
Based on the reviews, The Epson V600 Photo Scanner occupies the first place. The reason is probably unmatched performance. It has been designed and built with versatility in mind. This is why you use it to scan slides, old photos, negatives, and medium-format films. It is highly efficient in removing creases and tears. Moreover, it can boost the qualities of damaged photos. It features high resolution 6400 x 9600 dpi. This photo scanner for mac ensures sharp and keen in reproductions up to 17-by-22 inches. Based on the reviews posted by users, this has been the best photo scanner for Mac.Apart from scanning photos and 3D objects, it can scan invoices and receipts. This high-performance is ruling the roost in the market. It ensures a complete photo restoration solution, using Digital Ice for prints and films.
- DIGITAL ICE for prints and films
- Arcsoft Photostudio
- One-touch color restoration unit
- It improves the quality of the old photos
- Made robust for long-lasting performance
- High resolution 6400 x 9600 dpi
- Reproduction capability up to 17-by-22 inches
- Handles prints of any size up to 8×10
- Great for film aficionados
- Takes a bit time to scan
2. Plustek Photo Scanner – ephoto Z300
- The easiest way to scan photos and documents. Supports 3×5, 4×6, 5×7, and 8×10 in sizes photo scanning but also letter and A4 size paper.
- Fast and easy, 2 seconds for one 4×6 photo and 5 seconds for one 8×10 size photo@300dpi. You can easily convert about 1000 photos to …
This is one of the best photo and slide scanners highly powerful in scanning almost all types of documents and photos. It can scan speedily and support 3×5, 8×10, 5×7, and 4×6 inches size photos. Furthermore, it works well on A4 size paper. It operates quite fast, ensuring you smooth and easy user experience. The most notable part is that it can scan one 4” x 6” photo in 2 seconds only and one 8” x 10” photo in just 5 seconds.
Due to its amazing speed, many users love to choose it over the other photo scanners compatible with mac. With the aid of it, you can convert over 1000 photos to digitize files just in one afternoon. Preferably, it is very easy to use. It can scan photos immediately and easily as soon as you insert them.
- Includes advanced software
- Quick scanning feature
- It can produce high-quality scans speedily over 1000 photos to digitize files just in one afternoon.
- It arrives in great condition.
- Makes scanning photos and documents an easy task.
- The software works well on Mac platform.
- It can edits, boost and auto crops photos.
- It can improve image quality.
- Customer support needs to be improved. Many times, customer care executives remain busy.
3. Epson WorkForce ES-400 Scanner for PC and Mac
- Get organized in a snap scan upto 35 ppm/70 ipm (1); Single Step Technology captures both sides in one pass…
- Easily scan stacks of paper robust 50 page Auto Document Feeder; Scan business/ID cards, receipts and more…
With single-step yet cutting-edge technology, this scanner can quickly capture both sides in a single and quick pass. This enough for ensuring convince. It includes many advanced and latest functionalities. Another inspiring feature that the scanner introduces is the Epson ScanSmart powerful software. This software makes scanning very easy and convenient. This intuitive software empowers you to upload, download, email, and get a preview. The scanner comes with a trendsetting TWAIN driver which allows you to connect with a number of document management software easily. This scanner has been designed for Mac and PC. It can boast built-in Nuance OCR (Optical Character Recognition). This enables you to create searchable PDFs, editable Excel and Word files. Moreover, it incorporates a robust 50-page Auto Document Feeder, which empowers it to scan loads of paper effortlessly.
- TWAIN driver
- Built-in Nuance OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- Epson ScanSmart powerful software
- Get up looks nice and works very fast
- It is accurate in scanning documents
- It does not miss pages
- The twain driver can work well
- It has a bit problem in scanning directly to One Note, Dropbox, and Evernote.
4. Epson FastFoto FF-680W Wireless High-Speed Photo and Document Scanning System, Black
- World’s Fastest Personal Photo Scanner(1) scan thousands of photos as fast as 1 photo per second at 300 dpi(2)
- Preserve your priceless photos safe touch technology for worry free scanning upto 8.5 inches wide…
Epson FastFoto just like its name is known to scan photos quickly and efficiently. In fact, it is the fastest scanner in the world equipped with second-generation Epson FastFoto Sofware. It has a scanning speed of 90 ipm (images per minute) at 300 dpi. It has a max dpi of 1200, which gives it an edge over its competitors.
The scanner is compatible with Mac and it even offers wireless connectivity along with USB. It scans up to 8 inches wide pictures including panoramas, postcards, business cards and even polaroids. It features OCR technology that allows you to scan documents other than photos, which includes wills, receipts and tax documents.
The photo scanner for mac has an automatic document feeder that feeds up to 40 pictures in a batch. It can scan both sides of a photo to include both images as well as handwritten notes in the digital version. Furthermore, the usages can be enhanced by using different image enhancement tools. It has an easy-upload and backup feature, which allows the automatic upload of digitized images in clouds (Dropbox and Google Drive).
- It is the fastest scanner with a scanning speed of 1 photo per second
- Features single scan technology that supports 2-side scanning
- Integrated with file organization tools and picture enhancement tools
- Max dpi is 1200
- Supports cloud backup
- Wireless connectivity
- High-performing OCR
- It is expensive
5. Avision IS15+ Portable Scanner for Photos Cards
- Built-in image processing
- Featuring advanced deskew and auto-crop functions built into the IS15 Plus, scanned images …
When we talk about best photo scanners for mac, we must take Avision IS15+ Portable Scanner into great consideration. Actually, Avision knows what you really need to get top quality and crystal clear photos. This is why the company has brought this portable unit for you.
Small, portable and feather-light, photo scanner for mac has been designed for scanning photos and cards. It can easily be carried away from one place to another. Furthermore, it can easily operate without a PC with a guarantee of improving the photo quality. It further improves its portability. The scanner will let you scan photos, documents, invoices, records, receipts and any handwritten documents quickly and save the images easily.
To bring all these in your, you can simply plug your choice of storage to the unit. After that, you can save the images to a USB flash drive or a memory card. This scanner can boast a resolution of 300dpi. It even includes an automatic document feeding mechanism.
- A resolution of 300dpi
- It can easily operate without a PC
- It will allow you to scan without staying connected to a computer
- It can scan speedily, quickly and easily
- It is very small in size
- You can use it anywhere
- Takes an effort to produce a good quality scan copy
6. Epson Perfection V39 Photo Scanner
- High quality scanning for photos and documents : 4800 dpi optical resolution (1) for amazing clarity and detail
- Preserve priceless memories: Restore, archive and share family photos for generations to come…
Scanning, restoring, improving and sharing your photos and documents become easier when you have Epson Perfection V39 Photo Scanner. The cutting-edge technology and premium quality photo scanner from Epson can give you the best quality scanning experience. Equipped with a 4800 dpi optical resolution, this photo scanner is compatible with mac. It allows you to deliver top-notch quality scans even from the old photos, invoices, receipts and other documents. The scanner works very fast. It does not need a warm-up time. It is versatile enough to produce excellent scanning simples. The machine includes advanced features that will let you scan Google Drive, Facebook, Evernote, and other cloud services. Moreover, you can use it for scanning directly to PDFs and emails. The scanner induces a built-in kickstand to make this possible. You can easily set it in a vertical position in order to save space.
- A 4800 dpi optical resolution
- The scanner features a built-in kickstand
- The software is advanced and very helpful
- Lightweight, compact, easy to use
- It can deliver very good results
- It is cost-effective
- Very easy to use and store
- Gets the job done smoothly without any issues
- Sometimes, it produces loud sounds while scanning documents
7. Epson Perfection V370 Color Photo Scanner
You can scan anything you want and get quality image copy if you get the Epson V370 Color Photo Scanner. It is a powerful Mac photo scanner and high performer. It enables you to create super easy enlargements. You can archive photos and documents in your desired ways. It includes an inbuilt transparency unit that can work with the 4800 x 9600 dpi optical resolution to produce crystal clear photos. With this unit, you can save scanning time. You can have an easy, quick time scanning directly to cloud services like Google Docs, Evernote, MS SharePoint, and much more. Thanks to the Document Capture software for enabling users for getting high-quality photos. The photo scanner is perfect for including one-touch buttons which help users scan emails and other copies. Backed with the Epson exclusive ReadyScan Technology, it can eliminate warm-up time and image quality by allowing it to scan fast.
- The built-in transparency unit for working with the 4800 x 9600 dpi optical resolution
- Epson exclusive ReadyScan Technology
- Ideal for those who live in hurricane, fire, storm and flood-prone areas
- Makes shooting films smooth and practical
- Great for scanning receipts, invoices, and negatives
- Versatile qualities for scanning photos, negatives, and documents
- The strength and longevity is suspect
8. Epson Perfection V550 Color Photo Scanner with 6400 dpi (B11B210201)
- Create sharp, vivid reproductions 6400 dpi optical resolution1 for enlargements upto 17 x 22 inches
- Scan 35 millimeter slides, negatives and film built in transparency unit
This is one of the best photo scanners for mac 2020 used extensively for high performance, versatility, and quality. Many users love it to choose as high functioning scanner from Epson. Equipped with a 6400 dpi resolution, it is capable of producing sharp and vivid images with no efforts or specific changes. This versatile photo scanner mac includes versatile qualities of scanning slides, films, photos, invoices, negatives, receipts and even everyday documents. Having enlargement qualities up to 17” x 22”, it can increase the photo sizes in your desired ways until it reaches its limit. This is why you can easily create banners and large images to post these across various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Picasa. Moreover, you can upload in a cloud server for future use. Easy Photo Fix feature and photo retouching feature will help you restore your old photos and improve image qualities at the touch of a button.
- High functioning scanner
- Photo retouching software
- Enlargement qualities up to 17” x 22”
- Equipped with a 6400 dpi resolution
- Easy to use and produces quality files
- Photo retouching feature
- Easy Photo Fix feature
- It has many advanced features
- Executes an amazing job on slides
- The inbuilt software could have been better
9. Canon CanoScan LiDE220 Photo and Document Scanner
- With Send to Cloud you can easily upload your images to Cloud Services like Evernote and Dropbox
- Auto Scan Mode automatically adjusts settings by detecting what you are scanning
Based on the scanners reviews mac, this comes within the top 10. This photo and document scanner from Canon includes many advanced features for ease operation to deliver the desired results. It ensures you an optimum viewing experience and an optical resolution of 4800 x 4800 dpi. The photos, invoices, receipts and documents it scans are amazingly prominent and clear.
This photo scanner for Mac features a bright 48-bit color depth. It is capable of producing over 281 trillion possible colors. Furthermore, it includes an auto document fix feature for automatically producing stunning scan copies, using area-by-area data correction, image impartment and advanced image analysis. The scanner comes with the My Image Garden5 (a convenient software package), making photo quality excellent, fun and easy.
- A bright 48-bit color depth
- 281 trillion possible colors
- Optimum viewing experience
- Easy to set up and use
- Optical resolution of 4800 x 4800 dpi
- Lightweight and portable
- Works fast to save time and ensure maximum convenience
- Produces high quality and clear scans
- The software needs up-gradation
10. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Scanner for Mac and PC
- Double-sided scanning with advanced paper feeding system. Scan your documents, business cards…
- Large, easy to use 4.3 inch touch screen allows you to easily scan to your preferred destinations…
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Scanner for Mac is highly proficient in scanning your documents, old photos, invoices and/or receipts in an organized way. The most interesting thing is that it cross-platform compatible can get set well with iOS and Windows devices, allowing you to scan documents via Wi-Fi or USB cord to tablets, laptops, and smartphone devices. Having versatile adaption qualities, it can be used with almost all electronic gadgets available in the market. It supports a wide range of applications and platforms. It has extensive uses to scan documents, old photos, business cards, invoices, receipts, drawings, photos, files, and handwritten notes. The unit comes with cutting-edge technologies and intelligent scan correction facilities. It performs a quick quality check on the scans. The software is easy to use and handle in order to ensure exceptional results.
- Double-sided scanning unit with an advanced paper feeding system
- Cutting-edge technologies
- Intelligent scan correction facilities
- Highly proficient in scanning your documents, old photos, invoices and/or receipts in an organized way
- Cross-platform compatible
- Get set well with iOS and Windows devices
- Scan documents directly into integrated cloud services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Evernote.
- You can access your files from anywhere
- Scan via USB cord or wifi to a laptop, tablet, and smartphone devices
Compatible with iOS and Windows devices
- Easy to operate the software with color, grayscale, and monochrome scan speeds of up to 25 double-sided pages per minute
- Does not include TWAIN/WIA scanner drivers
Converting photos and docs to files is no longer a daunting task due to the introduction of the photo scanners for Mac. Moreover, you do not need to worry about the piracy issue. Now, all the hassles of converting photos into digital files are a distant memory. These devices work very fast. A vast majority of them is very versatile. Bring them into your favor while scanning your old photos and negatives. You can save your time, money and effort. Choose one according to your needs and capacity.