Last Updated on
Printers produce the best persistent representation of your text or graphics on printing materials like paper, and more. There are several types of printers namely inkjet printer, 3D printer, thermal printer, laser printer, pigment ink printer, and more. But in this article, we would be reviewing the best pigment ink printer. Pigment inkjet printers are printers that use pigment inks for printing. The ink pigments have fine powder of solid colorant particles poured into a container for use.
If you’re a professional photographer looking for an inkjet printer with perfect picture quality, these pigment ink printers deliver the professional quality photo you desire. Due to their fast-drying property, they tend to provide a more crisp output. Materials used on the ink pigment printer last for a long time without fading away.
So, to get the best result it’s important to get the right tool for printing. Let’s take a look at the best Pigment Ink Printer for 2020.
|Product||Maximum printer width||Number of Ink Cartridges||Connectivity||Price|
|Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000||13 inches||6-color||USB, Ethernet, WiFi||Check Price on Amazon|
|Canon IP8720||13 inches||6-color||USB, Ethernet, WiFi||Check Price on Amazon|
|WorkForce WF-7210||13 inches||4-color||USB, Ethernet, WiFi||Check Price on Amazon|
|Canon Pixma iX6820||13 inches||5-color||USB, Ethernet, WiFi||Check Price on Amazon|
|Epson SureColor P600 Inkjet Printer||13 inches||9-color||USB, Ethernet, WiFi||Check Price on Amazon|
|Epson Stylus C88+||13 inches||4-color||USB and Parallel ports||Check Price on Amazon|
Based on the Pigment Ink Printer reviews posted by the users, we have selected the Top 6 best Pigment Ink Printer in 2020.
Given below are the 6 Best Pigment Ink Printer 2020
1. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000
- This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only, not third party cartridges or ink; Cartridges described as Compatible, …
- Professional ultra HD photo quality get brilliant border less prints upto 13 inches X 19 inches
This printer takes printing to a new level when it is used. It uses Epson cartridges only; third party cartridges are not compatible with it. Re-manufactured cartridges, refilled, and refurbished may not work on this printer. The printer produces professional ultra HD quality photos with excellent border prints on papers on 13” x 19” and doesn’t support 11’’ x 17” print size. This pigment inkjet printer is an A3+ printer with an ultra-compact wide-format feature. It has an individual six-color Claria Photo HD ink; this ink comprises of color like gray and red; and it’s effective for an ultra-wide color gamut which is also excellent for white and black prints.
Its large 50-sheet rear specialty tray and 200 sheets front tray that makes printing easy and pleasant. Also, it makes printing pro-quality projects effortless to produce on cardstock material. The printer comes with an auto 2-sided printing and an easy to use 2.4” color LCD. Printing on documents at 9.0 ISO ppm (color) and 9.2 ISO ppm (black) can be achieved without issues. This ink pigment printer can produce photos on size 4” x 6” as fast as 27 seconds.
- Simple setup and easy navigation.
- Easy printing from iPhone, iPad, and Android tablets.
- It offers Ethernet networking.
- Unique design and genuine cartridges.
- Periodically provides firmware updates to address issues like security, a printer function, minor bug fixes, and more.
- The print is lovely and doesn’t fade away easily.
- It has a nice small display for easy viewing.
- Sometimes it suffers from chronically clogged ink.
- The cartridges are not easy to purchase.
- It uses a lot of ink when printing.
2. Canon IP8720
- Don’t get stuck in an 8 inches x 10 inches world; Print your favorite photos up to 13 inches x 19 inches
- With a 6 color ink system including gray ink and 9600 x 2400 maximum color dots per inch, the results are incredible quality and….
This printer can print your favorite photos in a variety of paper sizes up to 13″ x 19″. It has a six-color ink system including a gray ink. Its print result is amazing with incredible quality; the printer also has amazing detail in white and black color photos. The color ink system comes with a 9600 x 2400 maximum color dot per inch. And its Ink droplet size ranges from 1, 2, and 5. It comes with advanced printing technology and can be connected through Wi-Fi, USB, and Ethernet.
This pigment inkjet printer prints your images conveniently with the PIXMA iP8720 using features like Google Cloud Print, AirPrint, and PPS (PIXMA Printing Solutions). PPS can let you print your documents and photos from a compatible device. The device has a FINE feature i.e., (Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering) for printing documents and photos effectively. It also has an excellent print head firing ink for efficient printing.
- Adequate speed and quality
- High-performance six-color ink system.
- Easy printing on materials like CD/DVD, Paper, and more.
- Fast printing on borderless photos.
- Simple to set up and connect.
- The cartridges are long-lasting.
- It is affordable with a low cost per square inch.
- It finds it difficult to detect paper after long usage.
- Sometimes it is difficult to connect to the printer using the wireless medium.
3. WorkForce WF-7210
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience; Non Epson inks and inks not formulated for…
- Get Performance Beyond Laser — the Workforce WF 7210, powered by Precision Core…
This inkjet printer is powered by PrecisionCore delivering high-quality prints. The printer also offers excellent speed and versatility. It comes with dual trays, 500-sheet capacity, and a rear feed for specialty paper and envelopes. This Epson WorkForce WF-7210 printer can offer borderless prints up to 13” x 19” paper size. It comes with wireless printing and networking, two-sided printing up to 11” x 17”, 125 sheet output tray, and a 2.2” display for easy use. The pigment ink printer is designed for Epson cartridges only and may not work when third party cartridges are used on it.
- Excellent printing quality.
- It is economical because it uses 80% less power compared to laser printers.
- It helps to keeps track of ink uses.
- Easy to set up and navigate.
- Ultimate wireless printing and networking.
- Fast printing.
- Excellent ink consumption.
- The head gets clogged after a few usages.
- Sometimes it complains of a paper jam when it’s not jam.
- The printer is a bit heavy.
4. Canon Pixma iX6820
- OS Compatibility :Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 , Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32 bit13;…
- Utilizes Air Print, Google Cloud Print and PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS)…
This printer like any other printer is compatible with Windows OS, macOS, and other mobile devices. Features like AirPrint, PIXMA Printing Solution (PPS), and Google Cloud Print can be used on this device. This canon Pixma iX6820 has 9600 x 2400 dots per inch maximum print resolution. It comes with an auto sheet feeder of 150 sheets for easy placement of materials. It was also designed with a Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering for efficient printing. The inkjet printer uses standard interfaces like Hi-speed USB, Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.22b/g/n), and Ethernet for connectivity.
- Impressive picture quality.
- Exceptional printing detail.
- Good printing speed and connectivity.
- Excellent design.
- Setting up the printer to a wireless network can be a bit difficult.
- After long usage, the printer can sometimes print halfway.
5. Epson SureColor P600 Inkjet Printer
- Packaged Quantity: 1 Pack, Product Type: Inkjet Printer, Recommended Use: Photo/Disc Print, Print Color Capability: Color…
- Wireless Print Technology: Epson iPrint, Wireless Print Technology: Apple AirPrint, Wireless Print Technology: Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless Print Technology: Google Cloud Print…
It is a unique printer with a professional media option. The printer comes with excellent wireless printing technology like Epson iPrint, Apple AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct, Google Cloud Print, and more. It comes with 9 colors ultra-chrome HD pigment inks with advance black and white print mode for professional prints. It has a touch screen interface and robust connectivity. The pigment ink printer has high capacity ink cartridges of capacity 25.9ml and it is capable of producing archival printing for up to 400 years black and white prints and 200 years for both color. This inkjet printer can print up to 13 inches wide, border-free sizes, and has a nice print resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi.
- The printer is easy to use.
- The cartridges are affordable.
- It produces exhibition quality prints.
- It is easy to setup.
- Cleaning every part of the printer can be a bit difficult to do.
- Third-party cartridges may not work on it.
6. Epson Stylus C88+
- Its a colour printer
- Comes with Ultra pigment ink
This color inkjet printer comes with ultra-pigment ink and it is compatible with both Macintosh and Windows operating systems. It uses standard connections like parallel ports and USB. The device is portable and can be placed on your work desk without it consuming much space. This printer comes with DURABrite Ultra pigment inks. The pigment ink printer is excellent and water-resistant. It works well for dye sublimation. The inkjet printer comes with 23/14 ppm (black/color) and BorderFree photo printing.
- It doesn’t print the bigger picture.
- It is long-lasting.
- The printer is easy to use with photo editing software.
- The pictures are super sharp when they’re printed.
- It is easy to set up and maintain.
- The cartridges are affordable.
- It doesn’t come with Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Borderless printing is non-existence with this printer.
Factors to consider when buying a Pigment Inkjet Printer
There are several pigment ink inkjet printers available in the market and these are the factor to consider when choosing the best pigment ink printer.
The print quality of the printer is very important. An inkjet printer with a good picture quality will make your work look attractive and unique. It also delivers satisfaction and confidence for presentation. So, look out for an inkjet printer with a high color resolution to have the best picture quality.
Number of Inks:
Most Ink pigment printers use at most 4 cartridges. And more advanced inkjet printer with pigment ink can use cartridges from 5 to 12 for printing images that have a wider spectrum of colors. More advanced inkjet printers have more specialized compatibilities and functions. Professional photographers should also consider the number of ink cartridges needed before purchasing.
Also, endeavor to check the printing speed of the printer before you purchase. Ensure to choose an inkjet printer if you intend to print high volumes of documents and photos. You can also check if a too low or too high inkjet pigment printer doesn’t compromise the picture quality.
You can go for an advanced printer model if your needs are more versatile. Some printers also support printing on CD/DVDs, roll papers, canvas paper, and more. So, ensure you choose the best pigment ink printer that can print on the materials you use.
Connectivity is also a vital factor to consider when purchasing an inkjet printer. You can get an inkjet printer that’s compatible with Android, iPhones, Mac, Cloud, and Windows devices if you prefer connecting it to those devices. Also, if the wireless option is convenient for multiple or professional uses you can get an inkjet printer model capable of providing that.
A power-saving inkjet printer is also great because it helps to save electricity costs. Some printer models will require more electricity to operate. So, make sure you acquire a cost-saving printer if you don’t plan to spend more on electricity.
If you want an additional option like printing from camcorders or camera, printing from borderless photos editing and organizing feature before printing. You can choose a model that comes with those options for convenience and comfort.
Do all inkjet printers come with the same number of color cartridges?
No, they all come with a different number of color cartridges. Some inkjet pigment printers come with 6 colors while some with 9 colors depending on the printer model.
Are they good for photography printing?
Yes, they are good for photo printing. Most models produce excellent picture quality while more advanced printers produce unique picture quality which is good for presentations.
Do they all print various size labels?
No, this depends on the model of the inkjet printer. Some models print on sizes 8” x 10” while some up to 13” x 19”.
Can I refill their ink cartridges?
Answer: Yes, you can refill them. But take note of the model you’re using, some models will want you to buy a new one.
Can it work with any kind of paper?
Yes, some models work with any kind of paper. Therefore, ensure you check their specification to be certain.
Can they all perform sublimation?
No, not all inkjet pigment printers can perform sublimation. Some printer cannot support the distinct substrates in some sublimation ink. Hence, the sublimation you’re willing to achieve cannot be performed.
How long will a sublimation ink last?
Answer: A sublimation ink stay for about four to six months. But the ink can dry out if it’s not used often. This in return can produce problems like color shifting or printer head clog. Extreme cases may occur where the printer may not use the ink during operation.
Ink pigment printers are well-designed and its output is fantastic on materials like paper, apparel, t-shirt, and more. Setting up the printer is easy to do and they’re not expensive to purchase. If you’re looking for the best printer for pigment ink this article is necessary for you. By reading this you should have gained the knowledge required in choosing the best inkjet printer. So, go ahead and choose the best inkjet printer without having any issues.