Last Updated on
Are you finding the best printer for printing checks? Then, this post is for you. In this post, we’ll help you in choosing the most suitable printer for printing checks after analyzing various factors and your printing needs, budget and other buying aspects. So, settle down and read!
Generally, you can take checks from the bank itself. However, if you operate a business or a financial organization where you need to a lot of checks on a daily basis, then printing checks yourself is a better and more economical option. However, checks need to be printed in high-quality to replicate the original checks that you get from the bank. So, you cannot compromise with the quality of printer. You should buy best printer for checks, which is highly-efficient and delivers high-quality prints.
There are many printers available in the market with varied specifications. It is the specific use case that should be taken into consideration before picking the best option. When it comes to selecting the right printer for printing checks, you cannot go with a general printer. A monochrome printer will not solve your purpose. You need a printer that is specifically designed to print the checks. Hence, you need to look for colored printers.
Since the market is flooded with options, choosing the best check printers could be potentially daunting. This is where this post has come to the rescue!!
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll discuss the five best printers for checks and certain factors that you need lookout for when buying a new one.
- Top 5 Best Check Printers
- 1. VersaCheck HP Deskjet 3755MX, MICR All-In-One Printer, Gray (HP3755-4649)
- 2. Renewable Toner Laserjet M15w Check Printer
- 3. VersaCheck HP Deskjet 1112MX – MICR Printer
- 4. Renewable Toner Phaser 3260DI Wireless Monochrome Laser Check Printer
- 5. MICR Toner International Laserjet M402dw Magnetic Ink Check Printer
- How To Buy the Best Printer for Printing Checks?
- 1. Type of Printer
- 2. Connectivity
- 3. Efficiency
- 4. Printer Size
- 5. Printing Speed
- 6. Duty Cycle
- 7. Quietness
- 8. Additional Features
- 9. Support
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- 1. Can I Print Regular Documents With a Check Printer?
- 2. Can My Regular Printer Print Checks?
- 3. What is MICR, and Why Must I Use It to Print Checks?
- Final Thoughts
Top 5 Best Check Printers
Here are the top 5 printers that are ideal for check printing. Let’s discuss them in detail!
1. VersaCheck HP Deskjet 3755MX, MICR All-In-One Printer, Gray (HP3755-4649)
- All-in-one system: print, copy, scan
- Versaink magnetic black ink MICR for bank compliant check printing
If you are looking for a lightweight, compact printer for printing checks, then this VersaCheck HP Deskjet 3755MX is an ideal option for you. Weighing only 5lbs, this ultra-compact all-purpose check printer allows you to print full-color checks and documents together with bank compliant Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) ink. The product is easy to use and allows you to conserve ink while handling all types of daily tasks, including file printing, copying, and scanning. It comes with a USB cable that helps you to connect your smartphone or laptop.
- Super compact and lightweight
- All-in-one system: print, copy, scan
- Comes with versaink magnetic black ink (MICR) for bank compliant check printing.
- Network ready: Built-in Wireless (802.11b/g/n) connectivity.
- It is slow
- Absence of USB
2. Renewable Toner Laserjet M15w Check Printer
- 【IN THE BOX】HP LaserJet Pro M15w Wireless Laser Printer and 1 RT CF248A 48A MICR Toner Cartridge
- 【CHECK PRINTING】RT CF248A 48A MICR Toner Cartridge for check printing comes preinstalled for your convenience
If you are a kind of performance-centric individual looking to buy the best laser printer for checks, this Renewable Toner won’t let you down! This high-quality printer comes with a pre-installed Toner Cartridge for check printing purposes. It’s known to print one-thousand pages, with three checks per page.
Because the printer is specifically designed to save paper, it would help you conserve significant bucks and essential resources. The best way in which the printer helps save resources is it prints the most quintessential content with HP smart print.
This printer for checks has a sleek design and can easily fit almost anywhere without consuming much space. Whether you’re looking for professional-looking checks at the right price, this printer will get it done. The print results have crisp texts and sharp images, making it an ideal product for professional purposes.
- Simple and hassle-free operation
- Comes with one MICR Toner Cartridge for check printing
- Three Month Product Warranty
- Printing is slow
You may also like:- 6 Best Printer for Envelopes
3. VersaCheck HP Deskjet 1112MX – MICR Printer
- Compact printer design fits in Small spaces
- Includes magnetic (MICR) Versa ink for bank compliant check printing
If you are looking to print full-color bank compliant checks, this 1112MX MICR printer would lend you a helping hand. The printer for checks is easy to use and conserves power and money. It saves up to 50-80% of power. Furthermore, it prints high-quality colored checks.
You can use the printer in conjunction with VersaCheck Presto software to quickly print checks. You can download it and easily access the software. The download link of the software is given on quick start manual. The product comes with a bonus paper package. So, you may instantly start printing checks without any hassle.
- Compact printer design fits in small spaces
- Comes with VersaInk magnetic ink (MICR) cartridge for printing checks adhering to bank compliant standards.
- VersaCheck Presto software & check paper included to print your own checks.
- You can print check, photo, and documents
- USB is not included with the product
4. Renewable Toner Phaser 3260DI Wireless Monochrome Laser Check Printer
- 【IN THE BOX】Xerox 3260DI monochrome check printer, 1 RT Compatible Xerox 106R02775 MICR Toner Cartridge
- 【YIELD】1,500 standard pages; prints 4,500 checks at 3 per page
Finding the mid-range printer for check printing? If so, there’s nothing is better than Renewable Toner Phaser 3260DI.
This budget-friendly printer comes with impressive power and may print 1500 standard pages or 4800 checks per toner. Unlike other printers available on the market, it utilizes RT MICR toner that offers high-quality prints.
Talk about connectivity, you can connect this printer to your computer by using a wireless feature or with the USB cable. Speaking of the functionality per dollar ratio, this can be the best printer for printing checks.
- With a compact design, the printer can be installed where you need it to be most productive.
- It can print up to1,500 standard pages.
- Has an impressive print Resolution: 600 x 600 dpi (up to 4800 x 600 enhanced image quality)
- Offers mobile printing: Apple AirPrint, Xerox PrintBack
- Built-in wireless networking to a printer at the comfort of your home.
- Automatic Duplex Printing
5. MICR Toner International Laserjet M402dw Magnetic Ink Check Printer
- New HP LaserJet Pro M402n Printer
- High Yield: 3,100 pages; prints 9,300 checks @ 3 per page
If you’re looking for a printer that can deliver high-quality professional alike output, this MICR Toner International Laserjet M402dw is the one to deliver professional-quality output. The printer has a network-ready with 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0, 1 Host USB, and 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T network for your exceptional needs, making it a productive machine in its class.
It can easily print up to 40 pages a minute making it essential for high-end tasks. Unlike its competitors, it wakes up and prints faster that makes it the best printer to print checks. Talking about connectivity, it comes with secure and fastest Ethernet capabilities that help you stay connected and work with ease.
- Monochrome Laser Printer comes with a 1-year warranty.
- RT CF226A 26A MICR Toner Cartridge for check printing
- Page Yield is 9,300 checks at 3 per page
- MICR fonts/software and USB cable sold separately
You may also like:- Best All-In-One Printers for Mac in 2020
How To Buy the Best Printer for Printing Checks?
The following are the factors to consider before the printer for checks.
1. Type of Printer
A laser printer is a better option for printing checks because it is faster. But monochrome printers, on the other hand, have a lower cost per page. However, you better get a color printer if you need to print graphs and charts. For high-resolution graphics, the inkjet type is better suited.
Remember that the printer that accepts connectivity from multiple devices is more professional. Some printers, for instance, accept connection from a USB port to connect to the computer while others use Ethernet or wireless to connect to the office network. Furthermore, some of the high-end printers for checks with WIFI-direct, NFC connections and can even print from the cloud, phone, or tablet.
The initial cost of some printers is expensive, although, you will find that they are cheaper than the ones in the long run. And the reason behind this is that they come with energy-saving built-in features. Furthermore, they would likely to save paper and ink that might break your bank if you buy them separately.
4. Printer Size
If you do not have much space and want an easily portable printer, look no further than a compact printer.
Small printers, however, lack many features as compared to the larger ones. Unlike large printers, they don’t come with large and efficient cartridges.
If you decide on buying a large printer for checks, however, you must remember that it will a more of your area.
5. Printing Speed
When it comes to productivity, office printers must be faster. If you want to buy a high-speed printer for check printing, ensure that it can easily print up to 20-40 pages per minute. Speed, however, highly depends on what kind of things you are printing.
Note: Images might consume more time in printing texts.
6. Duty Cycle
No matter how wealthy you are, nobody would like a printer that gets broken too easily. This is where the duty cycle comes in!
Before buying the printer for checks, you need to ask about the duty cycle (the number of times it can print per month)
You don’t want a printer that makes unnecessary noise that would disturb the whole environment and people around. Make sure you buy the best check printer that does not make much noise so that a productive and healthy work atmosphere can be maintained.
8. Additional Features
Make sure you buy all-in-one printers as they are well-equipped with a scanner and a fax. This would help you save both significant areas and money.
Because of the additional features that they come with, these printers are usually costlier
If you think you can’t take full advantage of an all-in-one printer, then it is advisable to go for a specialized printer that perfectly suits your budget and needs.
An automatic document feeder allows you to copy, scan, and fax multiple documents quickly. This is highly recommended for professionals.
An LCD screen and multiple slots for memory cards, USB sticks, and other storage media allow you to print without a laptop or a PC.
No matter how good your printer is, it may have issues if used heavily. And if a printer has issues, then it may cost you both time and money. For this, you need to check the customer support’s terms and conditions before buying a printer for check printing.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I Print Regular Documents With a Check Printer?
Without any doubt, you can. It’s important for you not to waste your MICR ink on normal documents. For your regular text documents, use regular toner/ink cartridges, instead.
2. Can My Regular Printer Print Checks?
If it accepts MICR cartridges, it easily can. All you need to use proper paper and MICR fonts.
3. What is MICR, and Why Must I Use It to Print Checks?
Magnetic Ink Character Recognition or MICR is a special kind of toner that prints characters at the bottom of a check.
The Federal Reserve requires checks to be printed with MICR toner. Using this specialized toner helps prevent fraud, minimizes errors, find out incorrect iron oxide levels, and offers high-end security. Moreover, if you use regular ink to print checks, they may get rejected more often.
That sums up the best printers for checks you must buy! Make sure you have a clear vision of the best products on the market. Also, this guide has helped you to understand the factors to consider while buying the printer for printing checks.
Still in a dilemma? Let’s make it clear! If you want a fast printer for checks, and have no problem in spending significant money, get MICR Toner International Laserjet M402dw.