Last Updated on
Transparencies are sheets of glossy plastic films. If you are very familiar with transparencies, then we must have bored you with that definition. Nevertheless, not everyone is at the same level, so you will get to about the best printer for screen printing transparencies on the same page.
Printing on transparencies is not like a walk in the park, it isn’t like printing on your A4 paper. You will require the best printers for screen printing transparencies for this.
Furthermore, when you have to decide on the kind of printer to use, do not just pay attention to connectivity, speed, and resolution. Although these are excellent criteria, they won’t get the job done for you.
That brings us to why we have made a list of some of the printers for screen printing transparencies available today.
- Technical table of the products
- 6 Best Printer for Screen Printing Transparencies 2020
- 1. HP OfficeJet 5255 (3293)
- 2. Brother Inkjet Printer, MFC-J985DW (1073)
- 3. Canon 2986C002 PIXMA TS6220 (1051)
- 4. Epson Stylus C88+ (592)
- 5. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 (414)
- 6. Epson Artisan 50 Color Inkjet Printer (C11CA45201)
- Buying Guide
Technical table of the products
|No||Brand and Model||Product grade||ADF Capacity (Max pages)|
|1||HP OfficeJet 5255 (3293)||Home and office use||35 pages|
|2||Brother Inkjet Printer, MFC-J985DW (1073)||Home and office use||20 pages|
|3||Canon 2986C002 PIXMA TS6220 (1051)||Home and office use||35 pages|
|4||Epson Stylus C88+ (592)||Professional use||35 pages|
|5||Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 (414)||Professional use||40 pages|
|6||Epson Artisan 50 Color Inkjet Printer (C11CA45201)||Professional use and compact||35 pages|
6 Best Printer for Screen Printing Transparencies 2020
1. HP OfficeJet 5255 (3293)
- Replaces the HP OfficeJet 4650, HP OfficeJet 5255 comes with Bluetooth Smart, improved Wi-Fi connectivity, faster print speeds and more …
- Accomplish everything in your home office – This all in one wireless printer adapts to everything your work day requires: print, ….
One of the main features of the HP OfficeJet 5255 is its portability and efficient usability. This brand of HP OfficeJet replaces the old HP OfficeJet 4650. An outstanding functionality is its improved Wi-Fi connectivity, faster printing, smart Bluetooth, and more.
With the HP OfficeJet 5255, you can accomplish everything in your home office, including scanning and faxing your document. The printer has an automatic two-sided printing and touch screen.
HP OfficeJet 5255 has a mobile application called the HP smart app. With the Smart App, you can configure your wireless printer, use your camera, and scan documents. Also, you can print from, iCloud, Google Drive, social media and DropBox.
The HP OfficeJet 5255 also has a wide range of paper size support. It works with a letter, legal, four x6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, and No ten envelopes. With a one-year limited hardware warranty and 24/7 free HP Web Support; the HP OfficeJet 5255 is a smart buy.
- The HP OfficeJet 5255 is very easy to set up
- Quality printing
- Comes with a mobile App for easy navigation
- Has a sleek, lightweight design
- The auto paper feeder only holds 35 sheets of paper
- The ink cartridge is not as reliable as the other HP printer brands
- The Price is quite expensive
2. Brother Inkjet Printer, MFC-J985DW (1073)
- COST EFFECTIVE: Brother INK vestment cartridges printing for less than one cent per page for black and white and less than five cents per page in color. …
- BUSINESS CAPABLE: Automatic duplex two sided printing, up to 20 sheet ADF, and connectivity to desktops, laptops…
If you are searching for a printer that isn’t too expensive, then go for the Brother MFC-J985DW.
For low cost prints, go for this printer. It is designed to run cheaply and uses Automatic duplex two-sided printing. Also, this printer can be used for multipurpose tasks and including printing checks.
Brother MFC-J985DW Prints and scans papers from nearly any Wi-Fi location. This printer consists of two-sided Automatic duplex printing, up to 20 ADF sheets, and access to desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and tablets.
The Brother MFC J985DW Printer offers a two-year limited warranty. Customers will also get a free phone, email, and chat service for throughout the lifespan of the device.
- Thanks to their innovative INKvestment program, you can save money you may have otherwise spent on replenishing cartridges.
- Comes with a two-year limited warranty
- The printer is Amazon dash replenishment allowed, so your toner volumes are checked, and therefore more ink is purchased from Amazon when the volumes are low
- If you are not connected to a wireless network, you cannot use this printer
- Its print quality output is not the best when compared with other printer brands
3. Canon 2986C002 PIXMA TS6220 (1051)
- Inspire your creativity with prints that will impress; From stunning photographs to detailed documents, put the 5 Color Individual Ink …
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your smartphone, tablet and all your favorite devices with ease; With IFTTT support…
With the Canon 2986 C002 PXMA, you can inspire your imagination with prints that will impress anyone. From beautiful images to informative documents, set the 5 Color Individual Ink Systems to work.
You can also automatically connect your Smartphone, tablet, and other devices, with IFTTT (IF This Then That) support. You can use various online services/apps to automate printing.
The PIXMA TS6220 wireless printer is an all-in-one printer that suits perfectly anywhere in the house. It is easy to use and produces exceptionally high-quality results. Upon activation, your PIXMA TS6220 wireless printer tests ink rates and places smart reorder when you’re running low. There are no subscription services; you can cancel at any time. In addition this is among the best mac printers.
- It can print on sheets, glossy photo paper, high-resolution paper, iron-on-transmission and glossy paper. It also prints matte photo paper, plain paper, and semi-gloss photo paper
- It’s wireless and can print with Apple AirPrint, Canon Print and Wireless PictBridge
- This operates with Windows (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 SP1), Mac and Amazon Fire, but not Windows XP
- It does not provide a source for a 3rd party ink
4. Epson Stylus C88+ (592)
- Product Type: Inkjet Printer, Recommended Use: Plain Paper Print, Print Color Capability: Color, Maximum Mono Print Speed (ppm): 23, Maximum Color Print Speed (ppm): 14, …
- Number of Colors: 4, Parallel Port: Yes, USB: Yes, USB Standard: USB 2.0, Media Types & Handling…
You would have most likely noticed that finding the best printers for screen printing film could be challenging. Well, the Epson Stylus C88+ comes equipped with features that can help out.
The Epson Stylus C88+ boasts an incredible mono-speed of up to 23 pages per minute, making it perfect for bulk service. It does not sacrifice print quality, however, it promises high-quality color prints and images. Besides, the computer can print high-quality graphics.
Artists, designers, and architects can also pick a decent match for the Epson Stylus C88+. This is because the tool supports large format printing that most of these categories require. You see, the printer can print up to 13 x 19-inch sheets of paper.
The flexibility of the Epson Stylus C88 + is further supported by the fact that it is also a secure sublimation printing tool. This indicates that the Epson Stylus C88 + printer can efficiently use heat to transfer dye to fragile media materials such as plastics, thin paper, and fabrics.
- Quality Picture Print outs
- It’s got Auto Duplex printing
- The automatic paper feeder can accommodate up to 30 sheets at a time
- Connection to Wi-Fi and Ethernet is supported.
- Supports a wide variety of Smartphone printing devices
- The cost of refilling is as low as $13
- Does not allow flash storage devices
- The suggested ink cartridges are expensive
5. Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 (414)
- This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only, not third party cartridges or ink…
- Professional ultra HD photo quality get brilliant border less prints upto 13 inches X 19 inches
The Epson Expression Photo HD meets and exceeds the company’s standard of manufacturing high-quality printing machines.
It stands out as a computer that can print high-quality transparencies and shop-quality images without smudges, thanks to the vast and vibrant 5760×1440 dpi print size.
However, it features a broad color gamut consisting of 6-color Claria. This encourages the production of enhanced black and white prints. Around the same time, it allows the development of shop-quality color printing.
The Photo XP-15000 is a solid performer that sells at a reasonable price. It features robust auto-duplexing functionality as well as a 200-capacity front tray.
- Easy configuration and set up
- Quality printing out for noncolor prints
- Its cartridges are not available everywhere. Hence it’s pretty much challenging to find
- Support is slow
6. Epson Artisan 50 Color Inkjet Printer (C11CA45201)
- Ultra Hi-Definition prints Claria 6-color ink for images with richness, depth and clarity, great for photos and everyday printing…
- Professional looking CDs/DVDs print right onto ink jet printable CDs/DVDs (software included)
The Epson Artisan 50 color Inkjet printer has Ultra Hi-Definition prints Claria 6-color ink for illustrations with brightness, depth, and precision. It is perfect for pictures and regular printing. This inkjet printer for screen printing is what you need.
The printer has professional-looking CDs / DVDs printed right on inkjet printable CDs / DVDs (software included). The Epson Artisan 50 color Inkjet printer Individual ink cartridges only replace the color you need. Meanwhile, this is among the best Epson inkjet printers for screen printing.
It’s quite better than standard lab images. Also, the images are smudge, scratch, water, and fade resistant. The Epson Artisan 50 color Inkjet printer has fast printing speeds of up to 38 ppm color and images in as fast as 11 seconds. In fact, it is rated among the best laser printers for transparencies.
- Deep colors
- Outstanding print quality
- Light, compact product and lightweight
- Expensive Inks
- Paper alignment could be stressful.
Before you purchase a screen printing film printer, you need to consider certain factors. As a matter of fact, the best printers for screen printing film have these features.
Wide capability format
You should lookout for a wide-format printing device if you do not have a limited set of sizes in mind. A wide-format printer allows you the ease of printing on a more compact variety of media.
Quality of the image
Transparencies are very difficult to print on. Nevertheless, that still doesn’t mean that the result would always be pretty mediocre. If you have a great mix of a printing device, you will get high-quality printouts from screen transparency.
As with all other printing operations, the level of printing transparency entirely depends on the resolution of your printing machine. And therefore, it is essential to have the highest possible resolution for excellent print quality. Okay, that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to have to have to go broke.
The paper handling ability of your chosen printer is crucial. A very decent printer that can serve all your needs should have a special tray that can handle various media types.
Options for Connectivity
The way your printer connects to your media system is crucial when searching for a good printer for screen printing transparencies.
This is because media apps are not limited to desktops and laptops on their own. Instead, the industry now has a wide variety of computing products, including more compact options such as laptops, iPad, Flash drives, memory cards, and Smartphones.
It is essential to consider a printing tool with a flexible variety of connectivity forms to get the best result from your printer. Some of the most critical types of networking include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a variety of other printing applications.
Type of Ink
Both dye-based and pigment-based inks are being used for printers. Dye-based ink is better value for money and ideal for printing images. Nevertheless, for screen printing, the pigment base printing is exceptional. They are more stable and resistant to fade.
What is screen printing?
This is a very common way of transferring designs onto various kinds of fabric material. It is a procedure for printing through a mesh screen.
The intended designs that you would like to transfer to your fabric are printed on a transparent acetate film. The mesh is also used to transfer ink to the fabric.
What is the transparency sheet?
These are commonly known as the thin acetate sheets, which are used in screen printing. Also, it is a plastic film with a glossy finish, which is impossible to print with your regular printers.
The idea of printing on transparency could prove to be very difficult; however, it can be avoided unless you choose the right printer.
It is obvious that there is steep competition among these brands. Nevertheless, you should understand that transparencies come in varieties.
However, most forms include multipurpose films, striped films, specially coated devices, and thick transparencies, etc.
Depending on the type of transparency you have, performing a printing activity could become a bit dicey. You may likely experience opacity, ink smudges, and jams, just to mention a few.
The models we have highlighted and discussed above addresses all your concerns. Just pick one and start enjoying impeccable print quality.