Last updated on December 30th, 2019 at 02:39 am
Accident reports are very ubiquitous today. We often come across many accident reports while reading newspapers, watching TV news or listening radio news.
Sometimes, professional drivers don’t guess or understand what is happening behind them while moving their vehicles in back gears. To help them best to avoid accidents what they need install in their vehicles are mirror dash cams designed to provide them with a clear back and font view while driving their vehicles with a high speed. However, choosing the right mirror dash cams might not be a cakewalk for them unless they are informed well about the best mirror dash cams available in the market along with their advantages and disadvantages.
Getting the right mirror dash cams installed in your vehicles can help you avoid critical accidents on the roads.
Top 12 HD mirror cams listed here based on 2020 reviews
|Previews||Names||See on Amazon|
|AUTO-VOX X2 9.88″ MIRROR DASH CAM|
1. KDLINKS R100 ULTRA DASH CAMERA
Based on the reviews of users, Kdlinks R100 Ultra Dash Camera is the best mirror dash cam using high-quality IPS screen. Premium build quality has made R100 mirror dash cam a favorite one amongst driving enthusiasts around the globe. A 16GB microSD card, professional works and the connectivity cables in the box allow you to get started almost instantaneously. The storage capacity caters to your shorter recording needs. You can even opt for a bigger one as the full-HD video clippings of the R100 can occupy its storage space quickly. When we go to find it from the design aspect, we will find that the R100 resembles like a rear-view mirror. The front mirror includes a few features along with navigation buttons. It remains circumscribed with mirrored glass panel to ensure safety through most of its circumference. Connectivity and ports remain relatively simple for nailing an unobtrusive look. It can be blended in flawlessly with your car interior. The Auto-Off feature is another important addition to shut down the dash cam simply and automatically when your vehicle engine is turned off. Some other salient features include built-in G-Sensor, accident auto detection and emergency video lock button.
- A high-quality standard review mirror with built-in 5″ IPS screen
- Single front or front/dual cam modes with hands-free
- High-definition recording clarity at 30 fps in a continuous loop
- Automatic Motion Detection
- Superior Night Vision
- High-Power Battery
Why people like it
People like it for 280 wide angle anti-glare rearview, automatic motion detection quality and night mode advanced Dashcam parking mode support 64 128GB.
- Stellar customer care team to take care of all your worries
- 800mah battery can keep your mirror dash cam working long without
- the requirement of any external power source.
- Mirror dual lens dash cam with IPS 5 screen is better than its TN screen contemporaries.
- It can support both 64 and 128GB card for better storage.
- It includes unique auto-off and on a feature for power savings.
- A rear camera is not weather resistant and thus cannot work outside the car.
2. AUTO-VOX X2 9.88″ MIRROR DASH CAM
The AUTO-VOX X2 9.88″ Mirror Dash Cam is a highly popular camera includes a 9.88” touchscreen. This is the biggest touchscreen one so far. This is highly responsive to touch and execute operations. The engaging user interface of the large screen helps you take multiple actions.
Like the other cameras mentioned, it offers an automatic backup camera with a 140-degree rear viewing angle. This is why it won’t cover all of the blind spots of the drivers. It can only cover a sizable amount. The manufacturer of this camera claims that it can cover three lanes. Among other standard features, you can see a G sensor, Lane Departure Warning System, Loop recording, and parking mode.
This camera has released and come to the market very recently. This is it has received a few reviews from its users. However, almost all reviews are satisfactory. This camera is a bit more expensive than the other cameras available in the market.
While some praise its video and audio quality, others hesitate to buy it for being expensive.
- The biggest touchscreen 9.88”
- An automatic backup with a 140-degree rear viewing angle
- G sensor
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Loop recording
- Night mode vision and parking mode
Why people like it
People like it for various reasons. A wide 9.88” touchscreen with nice and user-friendly interface gives you an advantage of doing multiple functions.
- Highly responsive touchscreen to touch and execute operations
- The engaging user interface of the large screen help you take multiple actions
- It can cover three lanes
- Almost all reviews are satisfactory
- The price is a beat higher
3. AUTO-VOX M8 MIRROR DASH CAM
This rear view mirror camera is definitely an amazing invention of AUTO-VOX. This is a full touchscreen mirror dash camera coming with an attractive mirror design, clever functionalities and affordable price range. As the name suggests, it includes an interactive touch screen with dashboard-style interface for offering a wide variety of features. It comes in a complete package with the usual set of accessories and cables required to keep the M8 working. Moreover, the accessories include some mounts, literature, extra cables for installation, a cleaning cloth, and a high-power lithium-ion battery.
The rear camera with the LCD display can eradicate the obstructions of headrests and the roofs of vehicle and rear pillars. To get connected, it needs two solid mounts and a charging cable. You have the 9.88 inch LCD display when sit at the front in the dead center. It looks like a high resolution smartphone screen and acts as a live feed or streaming. To be more precise, X1 Mirror Dash Cam sends crystal clear images quickly with a 9.88-inch full view. It is very innovative and clever in providing a smart solution of front and back view and surveillance of your car. The high-tech camera attached to the mirror is able to capture and record 1080p video. It is highly effective in giving night vision, ensuring a crystal clear image round the clock. You could easily get to see the objects behind and in front of you. You get give a closer backup image, as it can automatically lower the rear view angle. It can cover 140°wide angle to ensure a safe drive.
- Dimensions are 11″ x 3″ x .5″
- Backup camera
- Inbuilt Lane Departure Warning System
- M8 version
- Car charger
- Rubber mounting bands
- Cloths for cleaning
- Backup camera wiring
- Clever rear view angle switch
- 9.88 Inch Full View Screen
- Excellent Display
- Wide Crystal Clear Mirror
- A large 9.88-inch screen on the physical mirror
Why people choose it
People like it for crystal clear images and its capability to offer a 180-degree horizontal rear viewing angle.
- Great front and back camera with glossy and attractive visual quality
- High-quality good visuals
- Cheap frame and the low-grade camera software
- Audio quality is highly impressive
- It works well in day and night mode
- Short 5-minute battery life
- Cheap frame and the low-grade camera software
4. Z-EDGE Z2PRO DUAL DASH CAM
The Z-EDGE Z2Pro Dual Dash Cam is also highly popular in the market. It is getting increasing attention among the drivers. It features a 1920x1080p resolution at 30fps for the front part along with rear view cameras. It includes a 150-degree viewing angle.
A built-in 500mAh battery empowers the camera to record footage for up to 30 minutes without any power input.
The front camera includes 6 glass lenses that ensure optimal night vision. It reduces glare. The rear camera comes with waterproof. It remains connected to the car’s backup lights. The backup camera works for pulling out of a parking spot. It comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and a warranty for 18 months. Mover, lifetime support is applicable to it. To have these benefits, customers need to agree with the product’s ‘lifetime support’.
Customer service is satisfactory. It has received many positive reviews. There are regular firmware update facilities to improve the camera features and fix any problems that the buyers can face in future.
There is a detailed user manual guide to install the camera by users. The video quality is really excellent for the price point. However, there is a bit of a fisheye effect for the drivers. The glare filters are high in quality and very effective. It allows the user to watch license plates clearly.
This is really for a very good choice for a mid-range dual mirror dash camera.
Both cameras work well. Z-Edge Z2pro Dual Dash Cam comes with all the classic features of a regular dash camera. It has a parking guard, loop recording facility and a WDR feature. It will last for a long time.
- A 1920x1080p resolution at 30fps for front
- Rear view cameras
- A 150-degree viewing angle
- A built-in 500mAh battery
Why people love to choose it
It comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and a warranty for 18 months. Moreover, it comes with a warranty for 18 months. The front camera includes 6 glass lenses. It ensures an optimal night vision experience.
- Regular firmware-update facilities to improve the camera features and fix any problems in future
- It has a parking guard, loop recording facility and a WDR feature
- It lasts for a long time.
- A detailed user manual guide to install the camera by users
- Satisfactory customer service
- It allows the user to watch license plates clearly.
- The video quality is really excellent for the price point.
- Recording facility is only for 30 minutes.
The YI Mirror Dash Cam offers two cameras with front and a rear-facing. It ensures very good quality visuals. Apart from including standard dash cameras available in the current market, Yi Mirror Dash Cam includes some important features. It includes a ‘driver fatigue’ reminder. When you drive a long distance the camera gives you an alert of potential fatigue, ensuring a safer experience for the user. This camera includes a 4.3” touchscreen for drivers to interact with the in-built interface. It is built-in 2.4GHz WiFi connection to quickly download footage onto a cell phone through an app. This camera has a number of good reviews.
YI MIRROR DASH CAM includes excellent cameras at excellent prices. This high-quality camera is good for easy installation. Users are sure to have a great value for the money for great quality camera and audio. It is very simple to transfer the video files from the camera to a phone or a computer. Among the unique features, it includes effect night vision mode, recording facility and back views.
Unfortunately, the manufacturer has missed out a few things like shakiness and noise in the recorded video which is easy to understand. The driver is recording is poor in a noisy city or on an unkempt road. Moreover, the glare is not up to the mark. The lack of a dimming option makes it a bit less popular. It needs some improvement to move its room up on the list. This is a good choice for a cheaper mirror dash camera.
- Two cameras with front and a rear-facing
- Standard in most dash cameras
- ‘Driver fatigue’ reminder
- Includes many new features that help this camera stands out from the rests
- The camera gives you of potential fatigue
- Ensures a safer experience for the user
- User-friendly interface
- It has a 4.3” touchscreen
- Built-in 2.4GHz WiFi connection to download footage onto a cell phone through an app
Why people choose it
Cheaper prices and some new features have made it popular.
- Cheaper in price
- Easy installation
- Good value for the money
- Great camera quality
- Good audio quality
- A simple transfer of video files from the camera to a phone or a computer
- The most important issue is with the issue is with the glare and absence of a dimming option.
See also: Top 10 Best Baby Fences Reviews in 2020
6. CreativeXP Dual Car Camera Front and Rear
While other HD mirror dash cams offer poor quality video without giving helpful footage of license plates, CreativeXP Dual Car Camera front and rear capture Full HD 1296P Videos. The 13MP WDR Lenses offer a 170° View Range & 30FPS. Unlike other cams that can’t record very clearly during night time, the license plates capture images which are crystal clear. The Sony night vision and advanced software designed in Germany gives amazing picture-in-picture recording experience.
Why people like to use it:-
For crystal clear vision, night mode vision opportunity and amazing picture-in-picture recording experience have made it favorite choice
- The Dual Dashcam with front and rear capturing
- Full HD 1296P Videos
- A 170° View Range & 30FPS
- Waterproof 140° back up Camera
- Innovative 3-AXIS G-SENSOR
- 5” IPS touch screen
- Responsive touchscreen
- MicroSD Card
- LOOP recording bars running out of storage space
- Lane departure warning
- Feel alive & drive safely
- Smart-Sensor Detection
- Free and easy-to-access hardware kit for fusing it to the AC
- The price is a bit higher.
7. AUTO-VOX T2 Backup Camera Kit 4.3”
This is also a popular choice. The original equipment looks perfect and gets set well at any vehicle. It comes with 4 mirror’s bracket adapters. It is very easy to install. 170 degree Wide Viewing Angle with T2 backup camera ensures the wide viewing angle of 170 degrees. It is perfect for large vehicles as well as smaller vehicles. Users can even use it with a wide truck as well.
Why people love to choose:-
The wide viewing angle and easily installation facility have made it highly popular.
- Digital high-definition image processor and 6 LED lights
- 4.3”LCD OEM
- 170 degree Wide Viewing Angle
- Rear view mirror-monitor available with IP 68 waterproof back up car camera
- Super Night Vision License Plate
- Rear View Camera Kit
- Original equipment look
- 170 degree wide viewing angle
- Ip68 waterproof backup camera with infra-red night vision
- 4 steps easy installation
- The customer service sometimes gets unavailable
8. Toguard uber dual dash cam
Toguard uber dual dash cam comes with FHD 1080P+1080P Front and Rear View Car Camera 2″ LCD 340°, outside and Inside Dual Dashboard Camera with Sony Sensor, Loop Recording, and Parking Mode for Lyft Car Taxi.
Why people choose it:-
Along with including all good qualities of modern mirror dash cam, it includes other facilities like loop recording and g-sensor, night mode vision and motion detection.
- Both FHD 1080P front and rear view in-car dash cameras with
- advanced Sony Exmor IMX323 sensor
- 340°Wide angle & 270°Rotatable Cameras
- Continuous loop recording and g-sensor
- Parking monitor and motion detection
- CE40 dash cam always comes with two 3M adhesive stickers
- Simultaneously, the record on the road and inside the car
- 170° wide-angle lens with front camera easily captures the whole road and license plates in front of you
- It edges of your windscreen
- It enhances in-car at super low light environment
- Loop recording automatically and quickly overwrites the oldest footage and replacing it with the new videos
- Dual dash cams will automatically turn it on and record
- 12 months warranty, professional after-sale service
- Comes with 30 days money back
- Customer service sometimes gets unavailable.
9. Official HD Mirror Cam
It includes a high-quality dash cam supplied by the house of HD Mirror. It uses many advanced features along 350-degree lens coverage, 2.5 inch LCD screen and built-in battery.
Why people choose it
People choose it for various reasons like high-quality cam, night mode vision, 350 degree lens coverage and 2.5 inch LCD screen.
- High-quality cam
- 2.5 inch LCD screen
- 350 degree lens coverage
- Consistent loop recording facility.
- Night recording facility
- Built-in Micro SD Card
- Quick Install facility.
- Rear view is not up to the mark.
- Jittery and shakes when the vehicle is moving
10. SENDOW Mirror Dash Camera 4.5 Inch
Sendow is a favorite brand name to reckon with when the matter of choosing advanced dash cams. It includes the Mirror Dash Camera of 4.5 inches. There are some other advanced features including endless loop recording, emergency locking, night vision modes, and G-sensor capabilities.
Why people choose it:-
People choose it for many reasons like quick recording capability, emergency locking, endless loop recording, and G-sensor capabilities.
- HD Mirror
- TV Dash Cam 350°
- Motion Detection
- 2.5” LCD
- 720P HD
- Dashboard Camera
- Video Recorder with Micro SD Card
- Loop Recording
- Night-Mode (8GB)
- Offers high quality picture
- Excellent picture mode and IPS touch screen
- It very easy to use
- It can be installed easily.
- Comes with 1 year warranty
- Long cords come both for front and rear cameras
- The video SD card capacity is low only 16GB
- It is not sufficient for meaningful recording.
- RAM size also is not adequate.
11. Pruveeo D700
It comes with touch screen backup dash camera with front and rear dual channel. It includes rear-view reversing-camera (7inch).
Why people choose it:-
People choose it for a number of reasons like quick capturing capacity, night mode vision, touch screen backup dash camera, with front and rear dual channel.
- A waterproof rear camera
- The stellar resolution of 1080p Full HD
- It can capture 480p videos
- SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD Card
- Samsung EVO
- Easy to install, use and operate.
- You can either opt for picture-in-picture display
- You will get footage from a single camera for being viewed in the 7” touch screen.
- Weatherproof rear cam to keep your back at all times.
- Parking image gets automatically displayed without having to press any button once the vehicle starts moving in reverse gear.
- The built-in battery is not up to the mark.
See also: 10 Best Massage Chairs of 2020
12. TOGUARD Backup Camera
TOGUARD Backup Camera includes 7″ Mirror Dash Cam Touch Screen 1080P Rearview Front and Rear Dual Lens with Waterproof Reversing Camera
Why people choose it:-
People choose it for including inch IPS touch screen and 1080P FHD recording.
- TOGUARD Backup Camera
- 1080P Rearview Front
- Rear Dual Lens with Waterproof Reversing Camera
- 1x TOGUARD Mirror Dash Cam
- 1x Backup Camera is available with screws and 3M tape
- 1x 11 feet car charger
- 1x 18 feet cable for rear camera
- 3x Rubber Straps for fixing front camera
- 1x User Manual
- Front and Rear Camera
- Loop recording
- Gravity sensor
- Parking monitor
- Motion detection
- 7” IPS touchscreen
- 5pcs Viewing mode
- 7 Inch IPS Touch Screen and 1080P FHD Recording
- Reversing Camera Kit for Safe Parking
- Parking Monitor and G-Sensor
- One-Key Switching Design
- Exquisite Appearance and Easy to Use
- The customer support is not up-to-the-mark
What to consider before buying a mirror dash cam
Resolution is the first thing that you need to bring under consideration while buying a mirror dash cam. As there is no room for recording footages if you cannot understand anything out of it, you should never buy anything below 720p. As this is the minimum resolution required for making out license plates, faces and car models, you should make sure that you are purchasing a mirror dash cam including the right resolution.
Make sure your rear-view mirror dash cam is not creating an obstruction to your line of sight. Creating an impediment to your line of sight increases the risk of an accident. As you do not get a proper view from all the angles, you cannot guess the room you need to leave space for the vehicles trying to overtake you. It should occupy very less space in comparison to a traditional rear-view mirror while giving you a crystal-clear view of the recorded footage. You can opt for delicate models mounted high on the windscreen to make sure it does not create any hindrance and obstruction.
Loop recording is another salient feature that prevents the running out of the memory space of your dash cam by overwriting the oldest footages with the newest ones. As a consequence of this, your camera never stops recording due to the lack of memory space.
Your mirror dash cam must have night vision mode to capture footage while travelling at night. It will help you get the right illumination even if the street lights go off.
Some other salient features that an advanced dash cam should include are auto on/off, auto night mode, motion detector, and G-sensor. However, it is important to note here that such important features might increase the price of your dash cam and rise substantially. But when the matter road safety comes, it becomes impossible to measure it with a specific price tag.
Important features that the best mirror dash cams should include:
Our mirror dash cams come with a range of great features that raise the bar of excellence in dash cam quality and make it user-friendly.
Given below are the important features that advanced mirror dash cams can include
- Night Vision
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Parking Mode
- Loop Recording
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)
- GPS Tracking
- 4 K Resolutions
- Feature Image
- Nextbase Cam Viewer App
Modern day vehicles are very advanced. They are coming with advanced features and modern dashboard-style interface functioning with the sole objective of bringing significant improvements to add a smooth driving experience. To ensure this, GPS and built-in reverse cameras are getting increasing attention. Consequently, an extensive range of cameras is coming to the market to meet the increasing demand. This is why the right selection always becomes very important. Based on your needs and reviews posted by users, you can make a selection.