Last Updated on
Are you an aficionado of catching fishes? Looking for the best fish finders to catch a lot of fishes after having an advanced view of the structures under the water? If yes, you are at the right destination. This article will include the fish finder reviews used extensively as side scan fish finders. If you go through this writing, you will be able to pick the best side scan fish finder that suits your requirement.
What is a side imaging fish finder?
As the name suggests, a side imaging fish finder is basically a sonar device used for finding fishes under the water. You can have the best utilization of your time on the water. It uses sonar technology coming with a particular transducer. You just need to set it on the outside of the boat transoms to have a view of the shoal of fishes.
The utility aspect of side scan fish finder
With the aid of a side imaging fish finder, you will be able to decide rich fishing locations and the existence of shoal of fishes. Consequently, you can take the necessary actions to catch the fishes easily. Thus, you can simplify your fishing experience.
Based on the best fish finder reviews, we have included to the best side imaging scan fish finders (of 2020) using the best technologies to ensure a smooth experience.
Check out the Best Side Imaging Fish Finders 2020 listed below (arranged according to the customer reviews)
|Previews||Names||See on Amazon|
|Humminbird Helix 5 SI GPS KVD Combo, Black|
Top 10 Best fish finder reviews
1. Humminbird 409640-1 Helix 5 SI Fish Finder with Side-Imaging and GPS
It is well known for its widescreen measuring 15 inches. This is why it can give a screen resolution of 480*800. Therefore, you can have all the tactical advantages required for making sense under water. If you are using this unit under the sun, the backlit screen makes your fish finding job super easy. Needless to say, other models that do not include this feature make the finding job difficult under the glare of sunlight. This side scan fish finder is lightweight, compact and small in size. This is why you can easily pack it up and carry with you.
This unit includes two beams that allow you covering a wider work area without compromising with accuracy and focus. To be more precise, you can get a whole split screen experience and track multiple sites at a time. The most significant part is that the transducer emits 83K Hz and 200K Hz meant to cover a 200 degrees and 60 degrees area with a depth of up to 100 feet.
- It is lightweight, compact and small in size
- Users can have high-quality down imaging through sound waves
- The GPS tracking system helps you determine your location.
- Inbuilt micro SD slot gives an opportunity of storing waypoints through GPS locations and default settings
- Convenient 3D chart view ensures enhanced visibility
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- Some of the dimensions offered by its competitors are wider and more spacious
2. Humminbird Helix 5 SI GPS KVD Combo, Black
If you are looking for side imaging fish finder, this will be the right fit for you. This is perfectly designed for offering side imaging through a 5-inch wvga display. Moreover, dual beam sonar makes the GPS capable.
- It is lightweight, compact, portable and small in size
- Users can definitely have high-quality down imaging through sound waves
- 5-inch wvga display is perfect for finding fishes
- Dual beam sonar can sense the existence of fishes
- Perfect side imaging quality
- Highly powerful GPS for tracking shoal of fleshes.
- Its competitors have wider wvga display
3. Garmin Echomap Chirp 74SV
This is a popular side scan fish finder coming with depth finder with side imaging. It has a very subtle scanning capability. This helps users send signals with their locations. It is capable of sending clear images about the object along with the obstacles in your area. This is why you can determine where to find the fish. You receive a wider range of information about the objects under water from the display.
The inbuilt GPS can give you the perfect location of your boat. From there you can take your itineraries, keeping track of your favorite locations. Besides, the clever micro SD slot allows helps you record extra memory. The significant benefits of it can help you track your favorite points and decide the best routes to use in the micro SD slot.
- CHIRP sonar gives you a wide variety of information
- You have extra memory storage
- Internal GPS for navigation
- Poor transducer mount
4. Humminbird Helix 9 SI with Dual Beam & GPS
It is the upgraded version coming with a 9-inch pixel display for utilizing side and down imaging. It is built on sonar dual beam plus technology. Like other Helix products, it can harness a faster processor and brighter screen. The product is strong, solid and cost-effective. It will surely meet the expectations of the users.
- This side scan fish finder is very intelligent in design.
- The interface is made user-friendly to navigate the device’s options easily.
- It is compatible with I Pilot
- The latest can cleverest software
- The brighter and clean screen helps you take action quickly with no matter it is night or day
- It does not include HD Transducer such as the Helix 10 or 12. This makes your fishing finding job a bit challenging.
- Directional pads sometimes get unresponsive
- The sound may not come loudly for some users
5. Lowrance HDS-9 Gen2 Touchscreen Chartplotter/Fishfinder w/ 83/200KHz Transducer / 000-10771-001
Lawrence side imaging fish finder allows you to enjoy the fishing trip. The high-definition sonar imaging gives you 180-degree views of the water below your fishing boat. It uses Broadband sounder technology that allows you to find gamefish and structures ranging from 1 foot to 3000 feet.
The touchscreen and user-friendly interface allows you to navigate through menus easily. Moreover, you can have a look at the preview panels easily. The device includes multiview splits for looking at several images on one display. Consequently, you can perform many functions at the same time.
Moreover, this side scan fish finder includes 2-full sized SD card slots, a video and camera input, and high-speed Ethernet ports. To help you plan your trip on the water, this cutting-edge fish finder uses Lowrance maps backed by the latest technology. You mark and map the best fishing spots from waypoint markers. Areal-time structure map enables the fish finder to give you a chart for the underwater views.
- It is durable
- It includes a high-end touch screen
- It has many award-winning features
- No warranty available on the product
6. Garmin Striker 7SV with transducer, 010-01809-00
The trendsetting fish finder is simple and user-friendly. It is ideal and useful for any normal user. The keyed interface has many icons and buttons that allow you to navigate through the menu. Moreover, it is very easy to install and use on any fishing boat. Among the salient features, it includes a waypoint map that enables you to track where you are at present and where you are going. You can easily navigate your way and find obstacles easily through the brush.
The CHIRP sonar includes the latest technology that sends you a continuous sweep of the water. This helps you find your target, using different frequencies. You will have a very clear cut and crisp images while using the CHIRP sonar.
- The inbuilt flasher helps you find your object
- You are sure to have a strong customer service
- Easy to use interface allows you to take necessary action quickly
- A bit expensive than its competitors
7. Simrad GO7 XSE Chartplotter/Fishfinder w/TotalScan Transom Mount Transducer
Simrad GO7 XSE Chartplotter uses the latest technology. The inbuilt 7-inch display touch screen with led backlight allows you to have a clear cut view of the object under water.
Waypoint Management and Chartplotter Navigation feature helps you capture and record various destinations. You can make a selection of the charts that you want to choose. Moreover, you can mark and map waypoints and the name the points to track them in the future. If you can discover a very good way with a lot of fishes, you can use it in future for fishing.
Sonar technology allows inaccurate real-time depth tracking and gets a history of depth reviews. You get a clear image of the water under your boat and the ways ahead of your fishing trip.
TripIntel technology is very subtle and perfect to help you track and display important fishing information. This is why you get a safe, happy and successful fishing trip. With the aid of this, you can track and follow your previous trips, inspect your fuel range and collect other details associated with journey and fishing. It includes a high-speed GPS to track the positions of fishes.
Raymarine Dragonfly Pro CHIRP Fish Finder
Furthermore, you can customize the home screen and other features according to your desired ways. The Wifi and Bluetooth facility help you connect your fish finder remotely to your gadget.
- Wifi and Bluetooth facility
- Select charts
- Touchscreen with customizable features
- No shipping facility to some parts of the world.
8. Raymarine Dragonfly Pro Chirp Fish Finder with Built in GPS and WiFi with Navionics+ Charts and Transducer
Dragonfly Raymarine Fish Finder has been designed to offer you real-time fishing experience. It is highly popular for high-speed bottom tracking. The inbuilt GPS navionics technology can give you clear charts. Moreover, you can have fantastic views in all weather conditions.
You can enjoy your fishing time by using this fish finder for locating fish for you. You can easily determine your target by using this side view depth finder. Among the salient features, it includes a transducer, a built-in GPS system, navionics charts, and Wifi. This is user friendly and very easy to operate. It is available in tree models 4”, 5” and 7”. Chirp down Vision will give you clear cut images and views of the water under your boat. It uses cutting-edge chirp technology that sends sonar signals into the fishing waters.
It uses a Wi-fish app for connecting the fish finder to your smartphone or tablet. You can stream and fetch fishing data on your gadgets.
- The item is easily available
- Works well in all weather conditions
- Helps you know weather conditions
- Wifi connection
- Don’t have the facility of Bluetooth connection
9. Humminbird SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
This product is counted among one of the best side view fish finders. It uses the latest technology that ensures the Mega side and down imaging quality. The depth that it includes can reach up to 125ft. While fishing on boat, you need to position 15-inch device in front of you. There is an inbuilt internal GPS receiver to track your position and decide your ways while approaching ahead of you.
The internal sonar technology helps you track and determine the position of fishes. The SwitchFire Sonar accompanied by a transducer will give you a clear cut view of water under the boat. The transducer transforms deviations from physical quantities to electrical signals or vice versa. You have the best fish-finding experience.
- It has the quality of converting the depths of 3,500 and 5,000ft.
- Inbuilt pinpoint helps you determine accurate waypoints
- Mega imaging technology can give you incredibly detailed pictures of the front, back, far off to the side views of the boat. As a consequence of it, you can easily identify natural and artificial structures in high waters
- Technology has been arranged to cope with any fishing situations
- Being large in size, it isn’t portable. One cannot carry it easily. It needs additional equipment to get the device properly installed onto your boat.
10. Garmin Echomap Chirp 73SV
This is one of the best side imaging fish finders giving clear cut views of the water under and side of your boat while fishing on the water. To ensure clear and detailed digital views of the objects, structures, and soul of fishes, it includes a 7-inch screen with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels.
The latest The CHIRP sonar ensures repetitive sonar frequencies to determine the object under water. You get detailed information and make target separation easily. The device comes with mapping features and maps of the different in the U.S. and Canada. Furthermore, you can download additional maps.
- Clear views of the water under and side of your boat while fishing on water
- 5 Hz GPS navigation system for marking capabilities
- Outstanding chart-plotting capabilities
- CHIRP technology provides amazing clarity, target definition and target separation
- Includes almost all advanced features
- Release mechanism is not optimized for device
- The 7-inch screen may appear to be too large for needs
- The device is a bit complex for the new users.
Things to consider while buying depth finder with side imaging
There are some important things to consider while investing on side view depth finder s.
Given below are these:
High power is always good. This is why choosing one using higher watts is good for getting stronger power.
You need to make sure what resolutions you exactly need. Just determine whether you need single, dual or multiple frequencies. Frequencies play important roles on how effectively the sonar scanners perform.
The rule of thumb is selecting the higher the frequency to get more detail on screen. However, many experienced professionals opine that lower frequencies are ideal for deeper waters and higher frequencies are good for shallow water.
Higher screen resolution is always good. It helps you get more details views and determine your target.
Transducers are used to emit sonar waves out through the water for getting into digital representations of nonliving objects, structures and living things like fleshes. Transducers are essential to make any fish-finding tools.
Choosing high-res screens are good for getting a wide variety of colors that helps you distinguish different objects easily. This is why the right screen selection matters here.
While investing on the cheapest side imaging fish finder you must test everything well. Checking frequencies, screen resolution, transducers, screen color, and power is a must here. You need to compare the price and features are available with it. To make a right selection, you can read fish finder reviews posted by users. You can compare and crosscheck the reviews to come the conclusion. Once you are sure about a product, you can go to purchase it.