Introduction: Hello, Minecraft anglers! Are you ready to reel in an abundance of fish and treasure while you’re away from the keyboard? AFK (Away From Keyboard) fishing is a popular method to gather resources in Minecraft without actively playing. In this guide, we’ll teach you how to set up an AFK fishing farm that doesn’t pause the game, so you can keep collecting loot while attending to other tasks. Grab your fishing rod, and let’s get started!
How to AFK Fish in Minecraft Without Pausing
Building Your AFK Fishing Farm
To get started with AFK fishing, you’ll need to build a simple fishing farm. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A fishing rod (optionally, with the Lure, Luck of the Sea, and Unbreaking or Mending enchantments)
- 1 note block
- 1 fence post
- 1 pressure plate (wooden or stone)
- 1 water bucket
- 1 hopper
- 1 chest
Follow these steps to set up your AFK fishing farm:
- Place a note block on the ground.
- Attach a fence post on top of the note block.
- Place a pressure plate on the ground next to the note block.
- Dig a hole (1x1x1) adjacent to the pressure plate and fill it with water from the water bucket.
- Place a hopper next to the water hole and connect it to a chest. This will collect your loot while you’re away.
- Stand on the pressure plate and face the fence post.
Start AFK Fishing
Now that your AFK fishing farm is set up, it’s time to start fishing:
- Equip your fishing rod and aim your cursor at the top edge of the fence post.
- Hold down the right mouse button (PC), the left trigger (consoles), or the “Fish” button (mobile devices) to cast your fishing line.
- With the fishing line cast, ensure that the bobber is in the water.
- While still holding down the fishing button, press F3 + T (PC) to reload textures or quickly press the home button twice (consoles) to suspend the game without pausing it.
- Release the fishing button after the game reloads or resumes.
Your character will continue fishing automatically, and the hopper will collect any items you catch. You can now safely AFK without pausing the game.
Collecting Your Loot
When you’re ready to stop AFK fishing, simply walk off the pressure plate, and your character will stop fishing. Open the connected chest to collect your loot, which may include fish, enchanted books, bows, fishing rods, and other valuable items.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
Q: Can I get banned from a server for AFK fishing?
A: Some servers may have rules against AFK fishing or using automated farms. It’s essential to respect the rules and guidelines of the servers you join to avoid potential bans or penalties.
Q: Can I improve my chances of getting rare items while AFK fishing?
A: Yes, enchanting your fishing rod with the Luck of the Sea enchantment will increase your chances of catching rare items while fishing. The Lure enchantment will help you catch fish faster, which can also increase your overall haul of items.
Q: Can I use multiple fishing rods for AFK fishing?
A: While you can only use one fishing rod at a time, you can combine damaged fishing rods in your inventory or use a grindstone to repair them. Alternatively, you can use the Mending enchantment on your fishing rod, which will repair it using experience points as you catch items.
Q: Can mobs attack me while I’m AFK fishing?
A: Yes, mobs can potentially attack you while you’re AFK fishing. To prevent this, ensure that your AFK fishing farm is well-lit and enclosed, or build it within a safe, secure area.
Q: Will my fishing rod break while AFK fishing?
A: If your fishing rod does not have the Unbreaking or Mending enchantments, it will eventually break from use. To prolong the life of your fishing rod, consider applying these enchantments or have spare fishing rods available to switch out when needed.
How to AFK Fish in Minecraft Without Pausing Summary
AFK fishing in Minecraft is an excellent way to collect valuable resources and treasures without actively playing the game. By building a simple AFK fishing farm and following our easy-to-use guide, you can efficiently gather loot while attending to other tasks or simply taking a break. Keep in mind server rules regarding AFK fishing, and make sure to take necessary precautions against mobs while you’re away. Happy fishing, fellow Minecrafters!